Looking for 987

penrhos

Having scratched the itch of a 981 CS for just over 3 years I'm coming back to open air driving. Previously had 2 Boxsters, the first an early 2.7 and then a 2001 S which I kept for 13 years. My needs are fairly specific in that I want a late 2006, 2007 or 2008 Gen 1 (not sport edition) with heated seats, rear park assist and full leather although I realise that the latter may be difficult so it wouldn't be a deal breaker. Not too bothered about colour but if there were a choice, silver with red or blue interior would be good as would lapis and blue. However, dodgy history/condition examples won't interest me even at a giveaway price. Happy to wait for the right one to come along so if your not selling just yet or you know of one that may become available soon please keep me posted. Cheers, Steve.

Thanks Menoporsche, I should have specified that I'm looking for a 2.7.

The aftermarket park assists that I have seen sit proud of the bodywork and just look stuck on. If I'm wrong and there are products out there that sit flush I'd be happy to consider them.

Absolutely loads on EBay.   You’re spoilt for choice.  That’s were I found mine and I went in at the low end price wise as I wanted to do all of the usual work myself instead of paying over the odds for something which allegedly was already sorted.   It’s been a great thing to keep me occupied over the last 3 months.  
If you’re happy to get your hands dirty and spend a bit on fresh parts you can pick a 987 up for very little.  Whatever you buy and however much it is keep £2k or £3k handy to sort it.  

enjoy the search! 

I got something like these, flush fit, sprayed body colour. So you see circles but that's it.

https://cobracartech.co.uk/parking-sensors-aids/rear-parking-sensors/cobra-flush-fit-rear-sensors.html

Sadly mine are imperfect, but considering they were bought from UK, then sprayed and fitted by someone else in Portugal, I have no hope of complaining, each will say it's the others fault :(  I think they got very good reviews though.

Thanks sa utah for the info but my spannering days are over. Just moved to the seaside and no place to work on car. Fortunately, I do have a decent Porsche Indy close by which will help keep costs of ownership down a little.

Thanks for that extra info Menoporsche.

1 hour ago, Menoporsche said:

https://cobracartech.co.uk/parking-sensors-aids/rear-parking-sensors/cobra-flush-fit-rear-sensors.html

Sadly mine are imperfect, but considering they were bought from UK, then sprayed and fitted by someone else in Portugal, I have no hope of complaining, each will say it's the others fault :(  I think they got very good reviews though.

Some buy pre cut body coloured  stickers I believe.

Archived