FVD tuning software

mneil

https://www.fvd.net/de-en

They come with some glowing recommendations and the results of their software tuning look impressive, anyone on here used them?

I am going to enquire if they would be willing, and if so the cost, to use their Genius Flash Tool for more than one vehicle. I am going on the premise that the flash tool is in reality, a cheap and simple item to manufacture and possibly even a re-branded item.  If I am correct (read BIG if) their investment would be in the development of their software and their big profit in its multiple sales.🤞

If the answer is “yes”, would any other members with similar engines to mine (981S 3.4 DFI manual) be interested in a joint venture?😎

Reply from FVD reads:

The tool registered after the first use the VIN from the car. It cannot be used for another one.

However, if you are a dealer and would like to program more than 25 cars a year, we do

have an “open source tool” what is used for that purpose.

If you wish more information about our dealer tool please send us your company information

and Tax ID.

Best regards.

Was worth a try😃

I have enquired if they could improve on my current remap and sent them a copy of the print out. I suspect their reply will obviously say, YES YES YES😂.

1 hour ago, edc said:

Can you switch back to the stock map first? 

I've not got that facility at home and would have to drive back up to AET near Leeds.

IMAG1227

As you can see from the read out, whoever they use to write the maps eventually got just over +10% . The mid range torque increase is very noticeable AND since having my recent equal length headers with the 200 cell cats fitted has improved even more 😃

Still awaiting the arrival of BMC air filters🤬Once they are fitted and combined with the new headers, I suspect/hope 🤞I can't be far off the magic 350bhp😃.

As others have said; further improvements might be gained with yet another mapping session; for example,  removing that dip at about 3500rpm. However, that dip appears to be where the cam changes over and doesn't feel a problem when driving. The exception being, that once the cam has changed, it sets off like a scolded cat!

But where should I go?

This time I want an "in house, hands on" writer/programmer with the knowledge and expertise to tweak the map instantly. No disrespect to AET, but after each run up of the car; the results were downloaded onto the laptop and sent via the internet to a third party. The was then a wait, till the third party had a time slot to modify the map and send it back. I got just three mods before time ran away.

The one name that keeps cropping up is Mark Shead, he uses the Cobb system and obviously has a great deal of experience and expertise. 

I've mentioned before I used Motorsport Developments who @Mark Shead recommended a few years ago. Around half a dozen Dyno runs, download, tweak, reflash all done on site, around half a day. 

42 minutes ago, edc said:

I've mentioned before I used Motorsport Developments who @Mark Shead recommended a few years ago. Around half a dozen Dyno runs, download, tweak, reflash all done on site, around half a day. 

Thanks Steve, I'll give them a call.

1 hour ago, edc said:

Ed...was that the dyno where guys with PDK couldn't get readings?

3 minutes ago, JohnSyn said:

Think you are mistaking them for AET Motorsport near Leeds, that is where I took my car. It's a manual, so had no problems but they were unable to get the PDKs to run on the Dyno.

28 minutes ago, mneil said:

Think you are mistaking them for AET Motorsport near Leeds, that is where I took my car. It's a manual, so had no problems but they were unable to get the PDKs to run on the Dyno.

Ok Neil, thanks

2 hours ago, edc said:

Ive known Stu since the cossie days (90s)across the forums and a few meets, he is one of the best for custom mappings and has spent a fortune on a rolling road to be envied.Have a loo at his site for videos of the runs... I believe pwis is required to engage dyno mode on PDK cars unless its a hub dyno , Mark is also another previous Cossie tuner id recommend 

https://motorsport-developments.co.uk/index.html

1 hour ago, JohnSyn said:

No Motorsport Developments are in Blackpool! Any Dyno that can't out your car into Dyno mode will have a problem with pdk. But don't blame the Dyno, most are not marque affiliated so don't have manufacturer tools. Tuners though will often use Dyno facilities so could have it. 

It was Surrey Rolling Road where I've run the Dyno days in the past where first saw this issue in around 2012.

22 minutes ago, zagamuffin said:

Ive known Stu since the cossie days (90s)across the forums and a few meets, he is one of the best for custom mappings and has spent a fortune on a rolling road to be envied.Have a loo at his site for videos of the runs... I believe pwis is required to engage dyno mode on PDK cars unless its a hub dyno , Mark is also another previous Cossie tuner id recommend 

https://motorsport-developments.co.uk/index.html

It's been a while since my car was mapped there but yes the dyno cell is quite impressive. Sound proofed, temp controlled, regular laser temp check of tyre temp during the runs, air intake temp of course, viewing window and multi cameras and screens. 

46 minutes ago, edc said:

It was Surrey Rolling Road where I've run the Dyno days in the past where first saw this issue in around 2012.

Thanks Ed, that was the one I was thinking of.  

4 hours ago, edc said:

No Motorsport Developments are in Blackpool! Any Dyno that can't out your car into Dyno mode will have a problem with pdk. But don't blame the Dyno, most are not marque affiliated so don't have manufacturer tools. Tuners though will often use Dyno facilities so could have it. 

We are in the 981 area, but just in case any other 987 PDK owners are reading, you don't need to use a dyno mode on a 987.2  Charlie (SRR) has run mine fine on his dyno.

That's interesting. I've only seen it on 981 cars thinking about it. 

latest reply from FVP. Answers a couple of questions, ie the dip at 3500rpm. Their gains appear to be on a par with mine from AET. The PIWIS is needed for Dyno mode for PDK owners. Thinking will follow Eds and others advice and travel to Blackpool for a session with Motor sport developments 😃.

Hello Neil,

the dip at around 3500rpm is normal for the 981. It depends on the dyno and if the car was set to the dyno mode (only possible with the OE Porsche PIWIS tool)

But nevertheless you can´t flatten the dip on this car. You can also see our dyno sheet and software info’s regarding estimated output at our shop here:

https://www.fvd.net/de-en/FVD98161821MG/fvd-software-upgrade-981-cayman-s-34-l-includes-genius-flash-tool.html

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Best Regards,

Lucas Ullrich

Verkauf / Sales Department

T. +49-7665-989-981
M. 
lucas.ullrich@fvd.net
www.fvd.net

Archived