X pipe

Nick C

hi, I'm always looking online at all things porsche and I'm wondering about the x pipe fittings, I have had the exhaust mod done at revolution and want to know if these are pure cosmetic or do they actuality change the exhaust tone at all, can't find much about them online. 

Thanks 👍

Not X, but I changed from the standard Porsche Y fitting to the Porsche Cayman R pi-fitting (not sure how to find that symbol) - I didn't notice any change in tone at all.

Only going on what I have read online, something about the gasses escaping more freely than with the standard pipe makes a difference, just wanted to see if anyone on here had any experience with them. 

I had one on my 987.1 S as part of the cat back valved exhaust. It sounded awesome but it was a cat back and secondary cat delete.

Im looking at the tailpipes myself and I think I will go the same as mneil, if you find his thread it shows you what he had done 👍

1 hour ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I had one on my 987.1 S as part of the cat back valved exhaust. It sounded awesome but it was a cat back and secondary cat delete.

Im looking at the tailpipes myself and I think I will go the same as mneil, if you find his thread it shows you what he had done 👍

I have the revolution version of the carnewal and love the sound of it so I'm after someone who has similar that can say if it adds any noise or is it just cosmetic, I'll have a search for the thread above. 

Cheers. 

Gert @ Carnewal mentioned to me that aftermarket tailpipes on the whole do restrict flow / mess with back pressure. Want to change the ovals on my S to round tail pipes as I think they look loads better. Might just try fitting the cosmetic rounds to my current tailpipes if they can be removed / swapped? 

1 minute ago, Simon. said:

Gert @ Carnewal mentioned to me that aftermarket tailpipes on the whole do restrict flow / mess with back pressure. Want to change the ovals on my S to round tail pipes as I think they look loads better. Might just try fitting the cosmetic rounds to my current tailpipes if they can be removed / swapped? 

Interesting, I'd read that the factory tail pipe are not as free flowing as the fabspeed (for example)  tail pipes due to the design. 

They are very expensive if it's just cosmetic. 

On 7/1/2020 at 3:03 PM, Nick C said:

hi, I'm always looking online at all things porsche and I'm wondering about the x pipe fittings, I have had the exhaust mod done at revolution and want to know if these are pure cosmetic or do they actuality change the exhaust tone at all, can't find much about them online. 

Thanks 👍

IMG_20200526_113611IMG_20200526_113617

I kept the original back boxes, no drone as there is a balance pipe linking them just above the tail pipes which you can't see in the photo. Tail pipes are now 110mm black chrome.

4 hours ago, mneil said:

IMG_20200526_113611IMG_20200526_113617

I kept the original back boxes, no drone as there is a balance pipe linking them just above the tail pipes which you can't see in the photo. Tail pipes are now 110mm black chrome.

Someone made you the tailpipe and welded to the original exhaust then you've fitted the new tailpipes to that??

Aren't the tailpipes normally connected??

Sorry I just noticed yours isn't a 987s is it. 

Cheers. 

1 hour ago, Nick C said:

Someone made you the tailpipe and welded to the original exhaust then you've fitted the new tailpipes to that??

Aren't the tailpipes normally connected??

Sorry I just noticed yours isn't a 987s is it. 

Cheers. 

http://www.BoXa.net/forum/profile/31229-johnsyn/

Take a read of this thread and should answer your questions.

Archived