Water on battery cover etc after wash

beaks

Tricky one to explain, but after cleaning my car, there is always a bunch of water on the battery cover / screen wash cover area (circled in photo below)...

2-A75-EA9-F-9-ED8-4904-8-CAE-C5-E1-C3559

(Photo was taken when I had more trim removed than normal!)

I know there is a seal to protect the 'trunk' but does anyone else suffer with this?

It's not a life changer to clean / dry the covers after a clean but there's often a little pool of water next to the battery as well - I know there are drain holes in there but hey, maybe it's just me being fussy!

Any comments appreciated..

Ian B

24 minutes ago, beaks said:

It's not a life changer to clean / dry the covers after a clean but there's often a little pool of water next to the battery as well - I know there are drain holes in there but hey, maybe it's just me being fussy!

Yep! 🤣 

Mine is exactly the same - looking at the positioning of the rubber seal i have always assumed it's normal. In any case most of the water runs down behind the trim and down the drain holes. I always wipe over the trim with a microfibre towel and i mop the area around the battery and drain holes with smaller microfibres as there are a couple of slightly sunken areas where water pools.

9 minutes ago, red rocket said:

Yep! 🤣 

Mine is exactly the same - looking at the positioning of the rubber seal i have always assumed it's normal. In any case most of the water runs down behind the trim and down the drain holes. I always wipe over the trim with a microfibre towel and i mop the area around the battery and drain holes with smaller microfibres as there are a couple of slightly sunken areas where water pools.

good times - I'm sure the gurus in Germany have a very good reason this happens...

at least it's one thing I don't have to think about again, cheers @red rocket

ian b

Archived