Plastic door trim removal - how?

red rocket

Anyone know whether it's possible to remove the plastic trim surrounding the Silver latch and window switch(es) without taking the whole door card out?ELck92m.jpg

I took out the screw holding the Silver latch and the one in the trim behind that but it didn't seem to loosen anything. On another forum I saw a suggestion that the plastic trim might be somehow welded to the door card. Hope not as I want to paint them. 

12 minutes ago, Toeside said:

Door card probably needs to come off

Thanks Angus. I've seen the YouTube vids though they all seem to relate to people wanting to remove the whole card anyway. Maybe that is the only way. 

Its plastic welded to the door card at the back....it is the hardest part to change ....people have done it and had it colour coded etc.......but I’ve never wanted to take the chance at welding it back on.......unless I can find an OEM carbon one that is lol

38 minutes ago, Glosrich said:

From what I can recall when having my door card off, that part is welded on from behind.

1 minute ago, Jonttt said:

Its plastic welded to the door card at the back....it is the hardest part to change ....people have done it and had it colour coded etc.......but I’ve never wanted to take the chance at welding it back on.......unless I can find an OEM carbon one that is lol

Thanks both. Doesn't look like I'll be painting them to match the centre console then.:(

• 1 month later...

Archived