Tire pressures

woodysnr

On my  owners manual 981  says 20" wheels . pressures indicate 30psi all round but have read on a few sites down as low as 24/26 it is shod with Pirelli P zero NO

I know not the most popular brand but all are relatively new 4/5 mm so reluctant to change as car will be use little over the winter months ,

33psi is the max speed pressure, 31psi is for comfort on 20".

Personally I run my Michelin ps4s 30.5psi rear and 31psi at the front. My rears are 275, so a bit wider than standard but I ran the standard 265s at 30.5psi the same. I get a more even wear across the tyre whilst still great handling.

For 20 inch wheels the recommendations are 33psi.   Or 30psi ‘comfort mode’.      As stated anything lower would really be for tracking when the tyres can get very hot.

of course ambient temperature at time of check does play a part.  I believe the assumption is 20C ambient.  So if checking at say 5C you might expect a slightly lower psi.  I set mine at 33psi. 2.3 Bar. 

many people don’t like the PZero NO (I thought they were ok). So possibly looking for a bit more compliance by running at lower pressure (they have very stiff sidewall). Note it’s the cold and wet where they are particularly weak so be careful through the winter.  

When I had the Michelins put on my 20s, the car was returned with 30psi rear and 33psi front. I asked out of interest if this was deliberate or just happened that way. The reply from the tech was that those settings gave more even wear on the rears whilst keeping the sharp handling. I don’t know how scientific this is but makes sense and that’s the way I’ve kept it set up.

3 hours ago, Flyferrari said:

When I had the Michelins put on my 20s, the car was returned with 30psi rear and 33psi front. I asked out of interest if this was deliberate or just happened that way. The reply from the tech was that those settings gave more even wear on the rears whilst keeping the sharp handling. I don’t know how scientific this is but makes sense and that’s the way I’ve kept it set up.

My experience exactly.

Archived