2.5 basr model

Chukkieegg

Just to acknowledge what Paul said about the possibility of having a car with M030 retrofitted - if someone had gone to the effort of doing this, I'd expect invoices, etc to be present, evidencing this. If not, you'd expect at least some mention of it from the previous owners, which would have been passed further down the chain.

In reality, I don't feel the 986 platform is one that is commonly modified / improved on - beside cosmetics (ie wheels / facelift lights / later roof) - outside of the enthusiast community. 

And let's face it, only a minor proportion of Boxsters (or any Porsche, for that matter) that are out there are owned by what I would call "enthusiasts".

5 hours ago, K.I.T.T. said:

Just to acknowledge what Paul said about the possibility of having a car with M030 retrofitted - if someone had gone to the effort of doing this, I'd expect invoices, etc to be present, evidencing this. If not, you'd expect at least some mention of it from the previous owners, which would have been passed further down the chain.

In reality, I don't feel the 986 platform is one that is commonly modified / improved on - beside cosmetics (ie wheels / facelift lights / later roof) - outside of the enthusiast community. 

And let's face it, only a minor proportion of Boxsters (or any Porsche, for that matter) that are out there are owned by what I would call "enthusiasts".

Your right, but when I read the question I sort of had it in my head that the op was asking for a definitive way to check weather he had MO30 springs fitted, and sort of presumed that he would have already checked the option codes :)

So thanks for all the input

As I was unaware that there should be a sticker under the bonnet which unlucky for me ain't there I was asking of an easy way to check and as per advice somewhere above there is a sticker in the service book

With options listed as c16 and 946 on the bonnet label that one of you kindly displayed one option is 946 which points to leather seats and a porsche code site seems to suggest c16 is UK spec so I guess right hand drive was an option 😂 

Although  my car does not have full history it's is pretty comprehensive and I can't see anything for suspension bar the lower front arm I had fitted last year

So when I go for my next 986 first check on the list is check to see if there is a bonnet sticker 

Archived