Good news bad news

Tritonkev

Finally fixed my creaking noise on the back fitted another rear shock and all is bliss 

Bad news is for some reason car won't lock press key I can hear locks click then click again and 2 beeps 

If I lock manually and lift handle window drops but door is locked but passenger door is not locked

If push button on dash it locks doors

Looked at usual culprits glove box etc

What next

It points to a sticking microswitch in the passenger lock mechanism. You could try unsticking it by closing the door firmly, closing it on a screwdriver, tapping the bolts in the end of the door which hold the lock in place and/or lubricating it by bypassing the doors exterior weather strips above the lock with the tube from WD40 or similar and giving it a good squirt. Repeat and give it time for the penetrating oil to work.

Replacement lock mechanism otherwise. VW part.

45 minutes ago, Boxob said:

It points to a sticking microswitch in the passenger lock mechanism. You could try unsticking it by closing the door firmly, closing it on a screwdriver, tapping the bolts in the end of the door which hold the lock in place and/or lubricating it by bypassing the doors exterior weather strips above the lock with the tube from WD40 or similar and giving it a good squirt. Repeat and give it time for the penetrating oil to work.

Replacement lock mechanism otherwise. VW part.

Is it the mk4 golf one that fits the 2001 boxter

1 hour ago, Tritonkev said:

Is it the mk4 golf one that fits the 2001 boxter

Sorry can't recall if its mk IV or V.  Audi TT is also an option apparently. Plenty on here who have done the swap.

Theer is a change over from 8 to 9 pin door lock module. As with all cars there is no real way of telling. Parts site shows the latest iteration is the Audi TT mk 1 module.

Part number 8N2 837 015B passenger door 8N2 837 016B drivers door. 8N2 is VAG model code parts ref for Audi TT Mk1.

Archived