New member owner a couple issues need help

Dirk

Hi all, new owner of a 987 2.7 2007 86k, absolutely loving the boxster after a month of ownership. Have a couple of questions which may be related, first is that when the roof is stowed the cover doesn’t quite sit flush with bodywork. Second is a strange one in that I have adjusted the clock after the time went back but when I start the engine it goes to 12 and I have to adjust again. The reason I mentioned they might be related is the previous owner had the problem with water under the seat sending the roof mech haywire and had to have the electrical box and roof replaced. Think the software might need remapping? And the roof mech adjusting? Any advice appreciated.

Sounds like you yourself have identified the likely problems!  The roof cover we call the clamshell, have a search on here, there have been one or two discussions how to adjust.

Where are you in the country?

Hi, in Yorkshire, was going to use revolution for service and see if they could reprogram the box if that was the issue, and just ignore the clock till then also discovered the light in the boot doesn’t come on either which I have read is the same issue. Nothing major just like to have these sorted if I can, will search for clamshell on here thanks. Have done some minor fix’s so far, heater buttons, sticky radio buttons, new inserts in alloys. 

Archived