Anyone put in mesh protection to a 987 Spyder?

Julian McHardy

Not sure about the Spyder but the Zunsport ones just clip in with bent metal tabs; 15 min for worrying about one side and 3 min doing the other side.

If they are not specially made, not sure how easy it is in situ, as you will have cut edges of mesh to hide.

Various youtube videos on how to remove front bumper, really not that difficult.

2 hours ago, Julian McHardy said:

I have seen topics on owners who have put in mesh protection to the front of their Boxster, but has anyone here done this to a 987 Spyder?

I am not keen (make that 'confident') on removing the front bumper and wonder if I can do a neat job with it insitu...?

Thanks.

Have some faith! It is reasonably straight forwards and you should be able to take the same approach with the Sypder as you would with most other Boxster/Cayman variants. If you are worried though, just look at the Zunsport grilles as suggested above.

Yep as others have said Zunsport grilles, Google for the PCGB 20% discount code, don't pay full price.

Or make your own for a fraction of the price with some beekeeping mesh from eBay and rubber edge trim, then cable tie it on.

While we all suggest Zunsport I don't know if the Spyder has different shaped openings than "usual" 987.2 bumper, so check that first. I doubt they'll do a special Spyder version. 

I did this myself with mesh.

I think it would look fairly naff if you did DIY without removing the bumper. I was a bit nervous about this, but 30mins later it was all off. Fairly easy job. You need a second pair of hands for the final bit of removal and first bit of refitting.

Have a quick look at YouTube and see what you think.

Archived