Which 3 Mods/Spec 986 Options Do You Appreciate The Most & The Mod/Spec Option You Wish Had

Clivescoobydo

4 minutes ago, K.I.T.T. said:

No GPS signal issues with the aerial mounted in that location.

Cheers K.I.T.T for your help I am going to go ahead and try and pick up one of the Becker’s that you have fitted because I think it would be a great improvement on the stock unit just need to negotiate with one of the nice Polish sellers 😂

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, deanmr2 said:

Cheers K.I.T.T for your help I am going to go ahead and try and pick up one of the Becker’s that you have fitted because I think it would be a great improvement on the stock unit just need to negotiate with one of the nice Polish sellers 😂

I have seen a YouTube where someone has fitted the GPS antenna on top of the ducting for the centre vent, inside the dash.  Said he had no adverse effect with the signal.  

1 hour ago, Sanky said:

I have seen a YouTube where someone has fitted the GPS antenna on top of the ducting for the centre vent, inside the dash.  Said he had no adverse effect with the signal.  

Do you have a link to the video please 

If you're going into the centre dash anyway why not route it to the OE place on top centre of dash? Unless your GPS aerial is a much bigger shape it should fit. 

3 hours ago, Sanky said:

Here you go

Just looked briefly at that video. The guy places it literally underneath the cap where the OE GPS goes! Just lift it up, feed the cable down then re cover. 

56 minutes ago, edc said:

Just looked briefly at that video. The guy places it literally underneath the cap where the OE GPS goes! Just lift it up, feed the cable down then re cover. 

I was just showing another member, where someone else has fitted the gps antenna, instead of fitting it the battery area.

also not sure if there is enough space OE area for an aftermarket gps antenna.  You know what Porsche are like with trying to fit aftermarket stuff.

There is space as that's where it went when I had the Pioneer fitted in my old car. I'm not saying don't put it somewhere else it just seems the OP is trying to solve a problem that doesn't need solving ie put the aerial in the same place as the old one!

Thanks for the replies guys I think the box part of the gps aerial for the Becker unit is about 38mm square in size so will check tomorrow to see if it will fit on top of the dash where the oe aerial goes the only problem is that my interior is metropole blue so not sure how the black box of the aerial will look 

My car was Metropole too. You can't see it when fitted which is the whole point as it's under the little cover. 

I get it now didn’t realise that the aerial box will sit under the cover on the dash I was thinking it would replace the cover. Does the dash cover just unclip and lift out or is it fixed in some other way?

It's been 7+ years since it was done but pretty sure it just unclips by hand. You can then move it and trial fit your other one. 

Archived