Where does this go?

baby_girl_2

Hello all,

I was cleaning the MAF and throttle body on my 2006 Boxster S and in the process I disconnected a vacuum hose that comes off the plenum. Try as I may I can't find a helpful diagram to tell me where the other end is supposed to connect. Anyone know where this goes:

467763776_MAFTB2.png.6378bf8ba18e4e772e74d40d1adfd4dd.png  

Thank you,

BG_2

My guess would be that it connects to one of the solenoid valves controlling vacuum flow.

These are located between the inlet manifold pipes going to the cylinder inlets on the left and right. In your picture above they will be just below and to the right of your red arrow.

If you look at these solenoid valves you will find that one of them should have a port with nothing connected that your pipe connects to.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you everyone for your help and suggestions. Finally had some time to put her back together.

There is a serious learning curve to getting that plenum back into position 🙄 

For anyone else who runs into the same issue; that vacuum line attaches to the solenoid circled in red below  

Screen Shot 2021-02-23 at 12.45.47 PM.png

Exactly what I found, took ages to get it back into place and to establish where the vacuum  hose went to. Must be an easier way to get it all back together. The gear cable route doesn't help either.  

2 minutes ago, baby_girl_2 said:

It was much easier the 4th time 😂 I had to keep starting over because the vacuum hose kept pulling free of the solenoid.

Apologies, have only just seen this thread.

Glad you sorted it. If you need to remove it again, you will find it easier to lengthen the vacuum hose, this will make re-connecting it easier.

Washer pipe works well if you heat up the end which means it will push over the solenoid.

After a lot of unsuccessful attempts to o connect I figured out the solenoid actually un clips and lifts off.  

Archived