Windscreen Trim

½cwt

Before I do anything to mine, is the rubber trim round the windscreen just a push fit extrusion or is it bonded/fixed in in some way?

Anyone replaced the trim (not screen) themselves?

2 hours ago, ½cwt said:

Before I do anything to mine, is the rubber trim round the windscreen just a push fit extrusion or is it bonded/fixed in in some way?

Anyone replaced the trim (not screen) themselves?

Had all mine done when I had the screen changed I think it all comes as a complete seal and trim

It’s window out job to replace the rubber seal/trim get it replaced on your insurance if possible, I had mine done last year, it was the original screen and it was like night and day when it was replaced, so many tiny chips and the bottom edges had gone    Milky.

16 hours ago, the baron said:

It’s window out job to replace the rubber seal/trim get it replaced on your insurance if possible, I had mine done last year, it was the original screen and it was like night and day when it was replaced, so many tiny chips and the bottom edges had gone    Milky.

OK, thanks.  It is not the original screen, hence no titanium strip, but also Pilkington branded and it is in good condition.  Might pop down to a car glass place and get an opinion from them.

Archived