What have you done to your Spyder today...

Carmand

MOT, 8 year service and air conditioning service.  

Expected exhaust to cat bolts to be replaced and brake pads too but it turns out bolts required for both jobs are on back order so another visit needed in a few weeks.

• 1 month later...
On 3/7/2022 at 6:01 AM, RBD914 v2 said:

As far as I am aware yes.

My plate is smaller than standard as it only has six digits.

Had no problems with Plod so far!

Two Qs if that’s ok, pm if needed 

im booked for a track pack and ceramic on my GT silver next week. Price kept me from doing full xpel. What did you do ???

second is the sticker plate under or on top of PPF and who supplied 

• 3 weeks later...

Got the Mr12v from Moonshine👊🏻

ordered FeelArt speaker upgrade package from SCR Distribution 😸

got a screw removed from rear PS4 😔

Ate a large chicken sandwich in anticipation of spin to Kerry Mountain passs now the suns out 🏁🏁🏁🏁🏁

Bought a very lightly used set of OEM winter wheels and tyres.  Wasn’t actually looking but came across them on marketplace at a price I couldn’t ignore - around a 1/3 of others advertised.  Tyres are likely too hard to be of much use but still massive value compared to what I had to pay for a spare set for my GRY.

Not sure how much use they’ll get as the car stays in mostly in the winter but good to have another set and an extra selling point if and when it goes.  Which it won’t. 😀

• Haha 1

After a bit of faffing with photos…

Winter Wheels

Wheels unmarked - tyres have plenty of tread but were almost out of date when the vendor bought the wheels, so will need changing.  He got a 50% discount from the OPC and I’ve paid a third of that including long distance delivery - both happy 😃.  Had a slight concern that there might be issues with my PCCBs - checked with OPC against vin and they said not….turns out the vendor had them on his car as well.

I have Michelin Cross Climate on my GRY as a winter tyre for the last 2 years - really good in the wet weather we’ve had this winter.  I’ll notice the difference when I swap-over to my summer wheels with PS4s in the next week or so.

The wheels in the picture above are the standard spec 19” winter wheel for all grades of 981 Boxster

235/40R19 92V and 

265/40 R19 98V

There is an 18” 45 section winter wheel option shown in the manual but I can’t see the brakes clearing this.

I think Porsche have increased to a 20” wheel for the 718 - another reason the vendor  was selling as they don’t fit his newer Spyder.

• Thanks 1

Ceramic pads changed and exhaust bolts/ gasket replaced.  Both precautionary really; plenty of wear left on pads but one or two chips on the edges and some evidence of the substrate breaking down.

• Like 1