PAS fluid.

Bradders59

Is it simply a matter of any CHF 11S will do ?

I have seen it advertised from £7 a litre to around £20 a litre. Some says CHF 11S Green, others just CHF 11S.

Is it all green ? Does it mater if it isnt ?

My PAS pump is making a loud racket, so I checked the fluid level this morning and the dipstick is dry ! Put a finger in and wiped it around inside the reservoir and found the fluid is green.

Need to find why theres little or no fluid in there. Hopefully something simple fix, but I doubt it. Once thats done though, need to fill up with the correct spec fluid.

Tia.

Will do thanks - when it stops raining. Previous owner mentioned the rack had been replaced, so a possible connection ? maybe something not tightened properly.

Or worse, overtightened ! We shall see.

This is the cheapest on ebay at the moment. Might order a bottle. 

Kerax Hyperdrive CHF 11S Central Hydraulic Fluid - 1L Litre 5056124311947 | eBay

9 hours ago, JonSta said:

Does the PAS fluid ever need changing? 

It isn't on the service schedule AFAIK, but fresh anything is better than old and if you did a lot of circuit work where it is more likely to build up heat by being pumped around the rack lots it will deteriorate with heat cycles.  Typically though you'd only change PAS fluid in anything if you have to drain it for a reason like fixing a leak or other maintenance.

Archived