Oil leaking from sump?

Natplant

I’ve had an oil patch under my car for a while now, I decided to investigate further while it was on the axle stands doing a suspension refresh. I always assumed it was RMS, but on closer inspection it appears to being coming around the bolts holding the sump on, drips over time even when the engine has not been running. Has anyone had a similarly issue or am I missing something. TIA 

Oil will find the lowest point so unless you ahve a clear source clean the area and see where the oil comes from when it comes back.  Generally it is rare for a gasket to leak from the bolt holes, unless the bolts are lose but then it would be leaking substantially, usually its along an outer edge between the holes.

It is definitely dry above where it has dripped and I haven’t been out in the car for weeks as it’s sorn for winter, so it hasn’t splashed or blown to its position. I think I might have to put absorbent paper all around above the sump bolts and see what happens, just thought it was strange with the engine not running for it to leak. I was just asking in case someone had, had something similar 

Archived