Which door lock mechanism?

Lennym1984

So the door latch mechanism on my Cayman has decided to die. The handle microswitches all work (checked with a diagnostic tool) but it doesn't seem to know whether or not it is locked and so the windows won't drop on entry and it won't actually lock (fine done manually). 

I don't really fancy shelling out 200 quid for a new Porsche one so was wondering if anybody knew which VAG model I need to look for? 

Also what have people used to reseal the door membrane? 

You can get aftermarket locks for about £40 on eBay. I suspect that the golf mk5 lock would also work, but you would need to check this if you want to save the extra £10.

14 minutes ago, Nobbie said:

You can get aftermarket locks for about £40 on eBay. I suspect that the golf mk5 lock would also work, but you would need to check this if you want to save the extra £10.

Found one. When I searched for "987 lock" I couldn't find any new ones. Turns out that looking for "cayman lock" did the trick 

You should be able to just refit the inner door membrane if its not been damaged and the seal is still in good nick, if not use butyl tape used to fit windows, you get it by the roll and its cheap from amazon etc....

I did a full write up on the process in my journal....

Archived