Boxster 987.2 PSE noise level

Gramps

Hi All. I've got a track day booked for 31/5 at Snetterton. I've done plenty on my bike but not done one in the Porsche yet. So I went along to my local track at Brands today as they had a car trackday but they wouldn't let me in to get my car noise tested as my name wasn't on their list. So my question is does anyone know what noise level a 987.2 3.4 Boxster S with PSE (on or off) is generally? Cheers

Just run it with the PSE open and if they moan, put it back into quiet mode.  I have just got back from Silverstone and there were several 911 GT3's howling around as usual.

I'm sure you will be fine!

13 minutes ago, andygo said:

Just run it with the PSE open and if they moan, put it back into quiet mode.  I have just got back from Silverstone and there were several 911 GT3's howling around as usual.

I'm sure you will be fine!

Good day? Were you on track? If so what car and do you know the noise level?

No, sorry, not on track, but there were McLarens, GT3 Porsches, Radicals and Ginettas out in full race trim. No issues with sound. You will be fine!

In any case, if you think about it,what are you going to do about it anyway TBH? Not turn up?

3 hours ago, andygo said:

No, sorry, not on track, but there were McLarens, GT3 Porsches, Radicals and Ginettas out in full race trim. No issues with sound. You will be fine!

In any case, if you think about it,what are you going to do about it anyway TBH? Not turn up?

Basically yes. If my car is unlikely to pass their noise test I'll cancel and rebook. Not wanting to waste £200 and a fair drive to and from just to find out on the day that they wont let me on track. Can just picture my wifes face when she hears that (as she is coming with me as another driver 😲)

I think you will find that Silverstone has some of the least restrictive noise limits of UK circuits so not a fair measure to MSV circuits.  Remember there are static and drive-by limits too.  Circuits vary, on a quick search Snett and Brands are both 92dB drive-by but Donington and Bedford are 98dB drive-by so no one size fits all even in MSV group.

This might help a bit but without a calibrated meter a bit difficult to check...

Microsoft Word - SNNoiseDocument_for website 2010 RM.doc (snetterton.co.uk)

Archived