Torque settings for rear please

Boxsum

Hi

Just about to replace the rear control arms, tuning forks and rear toe arms.

Does anyone have the torque settings for all the bolts please?

Is it actually worth torquing up as I’m guessing they will be undone for rear tracking?

All the equivalent bolts are the same as the front, except the eccentric bolts that are 100Nm rather than 120Nm at the front as the slot in the thread makes them a bit weaker.  You do need to torque them up as the suspension works by clamping to the metal core in the middle of the bushes, make sure they are torqued correctly after tracking as there's not a lot of space for the guy doing the tracking to put a decent force on the torque wrench with the car on a ramp with the wheels on.  Mine took another 1/3 turn to get to 100Nm the other week.  As with the front, make sure the suspension is at the normal resting position, gently jack under the control arm ball joint to get it just off the axle stands, then do all the torque settings.

PM me your email and I'll send you the data sheets I have if you wish.

On 4/6/2021 at 10:42 PM, ½cwt said:

All the equivalent bolts are the same as the front, except the eccentric bolts that are 100Nm rather than 120Nm at the front as the slot in the thread makes them a bit weaker.  You do need to torque them up as the suspension works by clamping to the metal core in the middle of the bushes, make sure they are torqued correctly after tracking as there's not a lot of space for the guy doing the tracking to put a decent force on the torque wrench with the car on a ramp with the wheels on.  Mine took another 1/3 turn to get to 100Nm the other week.  As with the front, make sure the suspension is at the normal resting position, gently jack under the control arm ball joint to get it just off the axle stands, then do all the torque settings.

Thankyou 👍

Hope you enjoy at least the reward of doing the work yourself.  I can annoy, frustrate and even infuriate whilst doing it but having done all the suspension on mine, it really is worth it and reveals so much more of the car's capability.  It is also satisfying to know you can do it even on a flat drive with only a trolley jack & axle stands, an impact wrench, b breaker bar, a torque wrench and a not that many sockets and hand tools.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2021 at 10:42 PM, ½cwt said:

Yep you were 100% spot on !

I rechecked the bolts today after the tracking was done and yes they all needed to be re-torqued. 
#toptipoftheday 👍

Archived