Desnorkeled my 987 Boxster

panagath

Hello guys,

This is probably my first post on BoXa.net. I have had my boxster for a bit over 3 years now. I decided to desnorkel it.

I created a fitted grille with my 3D printer. It is quite easy to do. Does not make any difference in performance, but it does make the sound throatier, especially with the passenger window down.

Anyone interested in learning about the grille, please give me a shout. 

176593181_10159027001813397_4479420068157531613_n.jpg

176667387_10159027002138397_4886725917540355942_n.jpg

176546198_10159027002008397_6895026469983226363_n.jpg

• Like 1

very neat job - i ran mine for a couple of years with no grille and didn't cause any adverse problems, but this gives a bit more security from any large debris.

Good to know its not just me that thinks it sounds better too - i also found it seemed louder with the roof up strangely

5 minutes ago, Mattman42 said:

very neat job - i ran mine for a couple of years with no grille and didn't cause any adverse problems, but this gives a bit more security from any large debris.

Good to know its not just me that thinks it sounds better too - i also found it seemed louder with the roof up strangely

Yes it makes you a bit less worried. Especially for the stories I have read where cigarette butts were sucked in the filter and started fires. 

• 6 months later...
14 minutes ago, Joshua2706 said:

Hi, i was wondering if i could have access to the 3d print files for the DeSnorkeling plate.

Thanks

Hi. Unfortunately I cannot provide the 3d print files as I'm selling this item on ebay. Also selling drain covers for Boxsters.

You can find it here:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284337860813
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284396528365

19 minutes ago, panagath said:

Hi. Unfortunately I cannot provide the 3d print files as I'm selling this item on ebay. Also selling drain covers for Boxsters.

You can find it here:

Good to see you are protecting your IP.  Out of curiosity are you selling many?

5 minutes ago, MickH said:

I bought a set of the drain covers.  really nice wee item!  Fits perfectly

They are a life saver this season. You can just get the leaves out with your hands... Trombone cleaner only very rarely just in case.

30 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

Good to see you are protecting your IP.  Out of curiosity are you selling many?

Not enough to make a business out of it. But I have spent lots of hours to perfect the design. Selling a few to cover my costs so I can make more useful items like these (and justify having a 3d printer in the living room :P ).

5 minutes ago, panagath said:

Not enough to make a business out of it. But I have spent lots of hours to perfect the design. Selling a few to cover my costs so I can make more useful items like these (and justify having a 3d printer in the living room :P ).

Get a few more people like @MickH to talk them up and list them on here in the For Sale section...

1 hour ago, panagath said:

You can find it here:

The drain covers look great. Any chance of a forum specific discount? If you don’t ask... 👍😄

4 minutes ago, Angus76 said:

The drain covers look great. Any chance of a forum specific discount? If you don’t ask... 👍😄

Good idea. 

If you are a BoXa.net member and located in the UK, make me an offer at £13 on ebay with a message saying you are a member of BoXa and your username and I will accept the offer :) 

Just now, MickH said:

They are excellent!

@panagathdo they also fit the other holes?  Ive only put them on the clam shell ones. 

Unfortunately I only made them for the holes under the roof. I sold my boxster so I do not have  test mule for the holes at the front. If you can measure the diameter of the holes  (as accurately as possible) at the front I can adjust the design and send them to you for free to test :)

4 minutes ago, 818 said:

I have the de-snorkel grille and drain covers, good fit and very happy with them :)

Glad to hear you are happy with them. Hopefully I will be able to make more useful items like these... just need a few more ideas :)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MickH said:

Where are you located?  Maybe someone in the club could help?

I'm in Islington. I have various friends with 987s from PCGB. Maybe I will ask them to measure it next time we meet. 

16 hours ago, panagath said:

Good idea. 

If you are a BoXa.net member and located in the UK, make me an offer at £13 on ebay with a message saying you are a member of BoXa and your username and I will accept the offer :) 

Appreciate that, and will get that done on eBay this week. Top job. 👍👍

6 minutes ago, MickH said:

@panagathany chance of a gold desnork cover?

I can do yellow for +£5 (total £25).

I can try "silk gold" but that will be +£12 (total £32) as I guess it will be a one-of (doubt many people will want it in gold) and I will have to print quite a few till I get the settings right for a quality print. 

On the above assume some discount I can give for BoXa.net . Taking it to £22 for yellow, £29 for gold :)