Hello and cruise help required

thestig84

Hello

I have been on here for a bit soaking up all the excellent info while fixing up my 987 lockdown project. Thanks for the help and hello!

Car is getting there and on the road now. Since getting it on the road I have noticed the cruise doesnt work. So far:

New used stalk - no help

Using icarsoft porv1.0 - Clutch and brake switch seem to work ok.  The DME data has shown (with both stalks) functions stays stuck on "not actuated" for accel and decel but I can get readiness to show on/off.  Only other note is a c140 code for the cluster if thats applicable!? 

The green dash cruise light comes on with acc ignition position but never again.

Any ideas or suggestions would be really great to hear. I sort of feel like its lost its programming or something, could that be possible?

Thanks for reading

Adam

10 minutes ago, thestig84 said:

Hello

I have been on here for a bit soaking up all the excellent info while fixing up my 987 lockdown project. Thanks for the help and hello!

Car is getting there and on the road now. Since getting it on the road I have noticed the cruise doesnt work. So far:

New used stalk - no help

Using icarsoft porv1.0 - Clutch and brake switch seem to work ok.  The DME data has shown (with both stalks) functions stays stuck on "not actuated" for accel and decel but I can get readiness to show on/off.  Only other note is a c140 code for the cluster if thats applicable!? 

The green dash cruise light comes on with acc ignition position but never again.

Any ideas or suggestions would be really great to hear. I sort of feel like its lost its programming or something, could that be possible?

Thanks for reading

Adam

Sounds like one for @Richard Hamilton.

Could be it’s lost it’s coding but I would have thought the light wouldn’t come on on the dash.  

from memory there’s three places in the coding where cruise is activated.  Steering column module, cluster and dme so I suppose one of them could have forgotten.  

i think c140 is a communications error.  See them every time I scan a car. Usually means my battery went flat at some stage but they also do it occasionally for no reason. usual approach there is clear the code and see if it comes back. 

can’t see where you are located but you might need a Durametric pro or piwis owner to have a deeper look in the coding. Have a look in the technical session for a the map and see if anyone is nearby. 

Ahh thats a shame....I sold a spare steering column module that came with the new stalk, could have tested that one!

Thanks for the extra other information. I am in Reading, I will take a look at the map.

Thanks

Just to update this with a fix incase it might help anyone in the future.

@Richard Hamilton kindly worked his magic and found my DME wasn't coded/lost its coding for cruise. He coded it back on and hey presto cruise is working!

Thanks again Richard and the forum!

Adam

Archived