Throttle pedal going dead

Willwors

Hi all

2005 3.2S, 73k miles. Owned for about 3 months. 

Car has developed a fault where the throttle pedal will go dead and power to the engine will be momentarily cut until I lift off and reapply. It did it once about 6 weeks ago and I thought little of it but it has happened on the last two journeys I’ve taken the car on. 

Most commonly in first gear when pulling away, ie. once I’ve let the clutch out, the car is on the move and I’m starting to give it a bit more throttle. Not exclusive to this scenario though - the first time I noticed it was in a higher gear and at a higher speed. 

Any thoughts - is this a common problem?

Thanks,

Will

Just been a resurrected thread on the PCGB forum. 

brake light switch has two switches in one, one closed when no pressure on the brake pedal. If faulty that can result in the ecu cutting revs. Seems to be a logic pattern of I think you are braking and accelerating, cut throttle, throttle is lifted and reapplied “oh my mistake off you go “ not as straight forward as press both pedals and it cuts and more to do with the ecu getting confused - and not the same as brake lights are on or off  

have a read  

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1058126

note. The poster had originally swapped the switch for a “of course it’s the same as Porsche one “

• Like 1