Stalled

Dazzevans

So a weird thing happens this morning. Jumped in the 986 Tip, pulled off the drive and stopped on the road to let a car through. I looked down and the car had stalled (all warning lights along the bottom illuminated). I tried to restart and nothing (no turn over or anything). Rolled backwards to the kerb and waited for a minute before successfully restarting again at the first attempt. Drove the 8 miles to work with no problems, and also the return journey. Any ideas? It had a new battery this year (Bosch S5) and has been fairly regularly driven since. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Dazzevans

Wild guess  

Temperature sender.  There are two circuits I think.  One for the evening fir the gauge.  If the ecu is getting the wrong signal then it will run lean / weak depending on what it’s being told.  

Don’t think so.  That’s normally just for anything “emissions or ignition related”. 

plus the fact lights only come on when the car thinks something is wrong - I *think* the temperature gauge “I am hot” light flashes of the car thinks there is a problem but if the sensor is just sending “engine is nice and warm” when in reality it’s not up to temp then there is no reference point for the car to think there is a problem.

As I say.  It’s a guess.  And re reading your original post that would explain the car not cranking when trying to restart ( did you turn the key all the way off before trying ?)