Thanks!

joeluth

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who's helped me get my Boxster sorted.

It's been really great to pick your brains and get opinions and advise on various things, I had so much to get through,
 I got the car cheap knowing full well I had a project on my hands!  I found BoXa.net invaluable, and its members so helpful! 

Here's a run down of everything I've done (mostly in my tiny, cramped garage) since I got the car in April.

Removed carpets and dried them

New Immobiliser and key (due to water damage) 

Fixed the passenger door membrane which was the cause of the leak (not the usual drains as expected) 

Fixed electric hood as it had been converted to manual previously

Replaced broken horns and fixed the horn connections in the steering wheel airbag frame

replaced front coffin/control/Inner and outer tie rods

rear coffin and tie rods

All new drop links

Front top mounts, bearing and bump stops

New discs and pads all round and cleaned up the callipers

removed drone box and replaced it with a stock boxster s backbox

changed oil / oil filter / engine air filter / spark plugs / new coil packs and plug tubes

Replaced the missing undertray

Full geo 4 wheel fast road alignment

fitted new tyres - Pilot Sport 4 all round (they seem really great,  5mm lower profile but still far smoother drive that the old tyres) 

I think that's it, I haven't dared look how much I've spent!  (thank god I got it cheap eh!) but drove it home from the Tyre shop today, quick blast down the dual carriageway and it was solid! really getting there now,  so I'm going to chill for a mo and catch up with some other things I've apparently been neglecting (ie job, wife & kids!) 

Anyway thanks again all for your input , advise and all your past posts that I've been trawling through!

Cheers!:thumbsup_still:

Joel

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1