Window Reset Required?

nick997

I swapped my 987 out for a lovely spec 718 last weekend and have mostly used it top down this week. When I drop the roof the windows drop as I'm used to with the 987 but they don't raise back to the upper position and when I put the roof back up again the same happens, I get left with a gap of a couple of inches or so. With the 987 I used to reset by putting windows all the way down, releasing button and then pressing again. Then repeat for the upper position. Tried this on the 718 but doesn't appear to be making any difference, is the reset procedure different (Googled but no joy)?

Dare I say that I'm quite enjoying the sound of the car once it is warm and in Sport mode, quite like the burbles when changing down. I'd put a DesignTek valved exhaust on my 987 towards the end of my ownership which sounded great in tunnels valves open but was sometimes a bit too boomy, the different sound from the F4T has a novelty value for me.

I'd post a picture of the car but don't have an Imgur account which looks like the default method here?

• 2 weeks later...

The reset worked for me but I seem to be losing the position again if I don't use the car for a few days, battery is fine and starting the car normally. Anyone know if this is a known issue, car is a 2016 so one of the earliest 718's.