MAF sensor and air oil separators

Andy9376

Depends on OE of aftermarket parts.  Most people indicate that an after market AOS is not worth it as they fail sooner than OE.  For the MAF, source from a Bosch auto electrics centre to avoid Porsche tax on exactly the same part.  Couple of hour labour tops.

If you are trying to solve a problem do one at a time, otherwise you won't know which is at fault.  MAF failure is a random mis fire and all cylinders (), run really runs like a dog, ask how I know!  If just a bit of rough running give it a gentle clean with brake cleaner and refit it.  AOS if you are getting lots of oil smoke intermittently.  I wouldn;t class either of these as service items, just replace when failed.

3 hours ago, Andy9376 said:

Cheers mate. They said there’s oil everywhere so it needs both. I trust the guys who are looking at it. I’m just surprised at the cost - close to 600

If they are pulling all the induction pipework and cleaning it and provide a whole MAF body, not just the sensor which can be changed separately then it might be fair.  Might be worth seeking second opinion/quote.  Where in 'Midlands' are you?  People might be able to make some recommendations, Lee at Cotswold Porsche f you are the the SW Midlands, Dove House at Rushden if you are south, Revolution at Brighouse if you are to the north are all trusted independents give their reputations on here. 

23 minutes ago, ½cwt said:

If they are pulling all the induction pipework and cleaning it and provide a whole MAF body, not just the sensor which can be changed separately then it might be fair.  Might be worth seeking second opinion/quote.  Where in 'Midlands' are you?  People might be able to make some recommendations, Lee at Cotswold Porsche f you are the the SW Midlands, Dove House at Rushden if you are south, Revolution at Brighouse if you are to the north are all trusted independents give their reputations on here. 

Thanks mate. I use Zuffenhaus in Solihull