Dash Cam power feed cable routing

JurassicBGTS

Looking at the routing for the dash cam power cable.

I would normally run the cable across the top of the windscreen over the A pillar trim then down the edge of the door seal.

However on the 981 the A pillar trim is so well attached at the top and quite hard plastic I don't think I can get the wire over the top of it.

Can anyone advise where/how to route the power cable please?

Edited by JurassicGTS

11 hours ago, Stuart21UK said:

first time I routed as per the link above to passenger footwell....the second time I took the cable within the fixing for the sun visor so no cable is visible at all

Thanks Stuart,

Your 5th picture is the issue I posted about. Seems you have to leave it exposed over the top of the A pillar trim, whereas on all my other cars I could tuck it behind the trim over the top.

What type of clips did you use to secure it over the trim?

Rob

I ran mine all the way across the top of the windscreen and down the A pillar adjacent to the windscreen, you then though have the same issue at the bottom of the A pillar as you run the cable across the top of the dash (pressed in a crevice but still visible). Take your choice.

Just finished reading (well almost) the @Stuart21UK thread on this and will attempt going through the sun visor mounting area.

Glad I didn't read his full thread before purchase it it may have put me off buying.

Glad I am not near that OPC😳

4 minutes ago, JurassicGTS said:

Just finished reading (well almost) the @Stuart21UK thread on this and will attempt going through the sun visor mounting area.

Glad I didn't read his full thread before purchase it it may have put me off buying.

Glad I am not near that OPC😳

Yes through sun visor mount....now mine is fully hidden