Sport Chrono Clock - Alignment?

TGI_J

So my 987.1 comes with the fun Sports Chrono pack. 

I can't help but notice that the needles don't rest at "zero" when not in use. I can't seem to find anyone else who's had the same problem, so was wondering what the solution might be? Do I have to take apart the clock and put the needles back to zero?

SZO7hCn.jpg

Do they move at all ?

when zeroed do they always sweep back to the same place ? 

thinking that potentially failed or jammed mechanism if they don’t move. Or someone at some stage has had the unit apart and not put them back correctly if they do move.  

i haven’t seen any calibration setup for  the hands in anything I have read.  

49 minutes ago, Paul P said:

Do they move at all ?

when zeroed do they always sweep back to the same place ? 

thinking that potentially failed or jammed mechanism if they don’t move. Or someone at some stage has had the unit apart and not put them back correctly if they do move.  

i haven’t seen any calibration setup for  the hands in anything I have read.  

Yeah they all move and do what they're supposed too, but they always zero back to the same spot. 

My thoughts are the same of yours, must of been taken apart in it's life

I too have Sport Chrono on my 987.1 and the needles on the chrono clock didn't line up properly. 

I took it apart (much much easier than it sounds like it should be) and re-aligned them. However one of them broke (I think it was the hour hand) so I reassembled it without that hand. 

Of course I used it once to make sure that the hands do now align properly but haven't do so since but that's part of the point of Sport Chrono; it's something to look at but never to use.