Wet carpet

mortzz

If you at least remove the passenger seat you can check the ECU unit for water damage, these are expensive to replace and can write a car off if you use your insurance to make a claim

tgis will also allow you further access under the carpet to stuff more towels etc to help dry the foam out.

It is starting to dry out (very slowly). At least today is a dry day so I managed to open the garage at both ends and the wind is blowing nicely through it. Dropped the Boxster's roof to help the airflow inside the cabin and pulled the driver seat forward to help circulation. The passenger side is dry at least (small mercies).

I have also put one of these (Keep It Handy Dehumidifier 2 In 1 450Ml - Tesco Groceries) in the cabin last night with the windows closed and this morning the steering wheel leather felt a bit less damp so maybe it helps. I also have another of these in the garage to help with the general dampness.

27 minutes ago, BBB said:

These are much better @RedBarediver. You can reuse them after drying them in the microwave.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KEPLIN-Dehumidifier-Reusable-Automotive-Condensation   

Thanks for the tip. I looked at a few options along the same lines but the little Tesco ones were what I could get hold of yesterday without having to wait for delivery. I think I'll order two of these and keep them in the car until the carpet is dry.

On 12/29/2021 at 3:18 PM, Pordave said:

Good tip.

It may seem crazy to put forward a canine product to squidge up water, but a Groomers aquasorb does a good job.

push seat right forward, lay the doubled aquasorb on the carpet near rear bulkhead and push down into between rear firewall and carpet and then stand on top, pull out, wring out and repeat. You get loads out.

I ordered one of these towels as well. Always handy to have in the car and in any case I can use it when we go diving too. Two birds with one stone :)

I have 4 similar ones and it’s an interesting exercise to weigh them before and after microwaving. 
However I think you are being very optimistic if you think they will help to dry the carpet. They really in my experience only absorb condensation 

4 hours ago, RedBarediver said:

It is starting to dry out (very slowly). At least today is a dry day so I managed to open the garage at both ends and the wind is blowing nicely through it. Dropped the Boxster's roof to help the airflow inside the cabin and pulled the driver seat forward to help circulation. The passenger side is dry at least (small mercies).

I have also put one of these (Keep It Handy Dehumidifier 2 In 1 450Ml - Tesco Groceries) in the cabin last night with the windows closed and this morning the steering wheel leather felt a bit less damp so maybe it helps. I also have another of these in the garage to help with the general dampness.

Those dehumidifiers work best in a warm room.