987.1 replacement catalytic converters

box100

I have a CEL with PO421 and PO431 fault codes. I’ve tried new lamba sensors and also extenders with no success so it looks like I need new cats. They could be very expensive but saw these universal ones 2''Inch Universal Sports Catalytic Converter High Flow 200 Cells Stainless Steel

on eBay for under £100 each. Does anyone know if these are any good and if / how easy they will be to fit?

32 minutes ago, box100 said:

I have a CEL with PO421 and PO431 fault codes. I’ve tried new lamba sensors and also extenders with no success so it looks like I need new cats. They could be very expensive but saw these universal ones 2''Inch Universal Sports Catalytic Converter High Flow 200 Cells Stainless Steel

on eBay for under £100 each. Does anyone know if these are any good and if / how easy they will be to fit?

No experience of them , although my spidey senses are saying Ebay + £67 + the usage of the word Universal tells me I wouldn't go there.

Edited by iborguk
  • Thanks 1

The issue you have is the cats are built into the manifolds. 

So how would you attached the eBay ones? 

The original cats are all but extinct, I spent months looking for second hand ones. There was non anywhere. 

Best option is the Topgear sports cats. But beware of rusted manifold studs. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, earley231186 said:

The issue you have is the cats are built into the manifolds. 

So how would you attached the eBay ones? 

The original cats are all but extinct, I spent months looking for second hand ones. There was non anywhere. 

Best option is the Topgear sports cats. But beware of rusted manifold studs. 

Thank you, I doubted they were viable, the Topgear ones look very good, did you or do you know of anyone who fitted them? I have read the CEL on the early 987.1 had a very close tolerance for cats and I wouldn’t be that surprised if I fitted them and still got the alarm.

Edited by box100

3 hours ago, box100 said:

Thank you, I doubted they were viable, the Topgear ones look very good, did you or do you know of anyone who fitted them? I have read the CEL on the early 987.1 had a very close tolerance for cats and I wouldn’t be that surprised if I fitted them and still got the alarm.

I've not. I managed to locate one standard manifold to replace my split one. 

I have seen people use extenders on the sensors of they throw codes. But alot of people are running the Topgear cats I believe. 

Its those or the standard items from Porsche at about 1600 quid a side. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1