Service intervals….

Stuno1

Again doing more reading and notice service intervals are every 2 years or 10k miles. That’s the first car I will have owned like that. Also service prices look very reasonable on that schedule. 

Do you guys do any annual maintenance?

Stu 

5 minutes ago, Stuno1 said:

Again doing more reading and notice service intervals are every 2 years or 10k miles. That’s the first car I will have owned like that. Also service prices look very reasonable on that schedule. 

Do you guys do any annual maintenance?

Stu 

Thought it was 2 years or 20k miles , whichever is first (happy to be 981 schooled there as I’m a 987 owner).

Some folks will be along to say annual oil change on top of that.

@daz05 is a good source of 981 info.

10 minutes ago, iborguk said:

Thought it was 2 years or 20k miles , whichever is first (happy to be 981 schooled there as I’m a 987 owner).

Some folks will be along to say annual oil change on top of that.

@daz05 is a good source of 981 info.

Ah yea sorry 20k not 10k. Makes servicing prices look very reasonable!

3 hours ago, Stuno1 said:

Ah yea sorry 20k not 10k. Makes servicing prices look very reasonable!

Well the intervals are reasonable.

Costs can add up to the add-ons required, an OPC service for example doesn't include spark plugs, belts, brake fluid etc, they are all "options" (well mandatory options for upkeep and especially if you have warranty) but I've spent more on lesser cars for servicing.

Enjoy the hunt for your new ride.

Edited by iborguk

My 981 actually costs less to run than my VW golf because it needs to go for a service annually and the major is every 2nd year.

I have a guide on YouTube covering preventative maintenance you can do on your own to try and prevent trips to the dealer.

19 minutes ago, daz05 said:

My 981 actually costs less to run than my VW golf because it needs to go for a service annually and the major is every 2nd year.

I have a guide on YouTube covering preventative maintenance you can do on your own to try and prevent trips to the dealer.

Link?

10 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Sure, lots of other enhancements and other fixes on the channel too.  If you subscribed it would be much appreciated 👍

https://youtu.be/2jFXBv7CG98

Ha! Already seen and saved for when I pick up my car. I like the rear wheel well protection idea to prevent/limit stone chip damage.