Jump to content

718 GTS 4.0 - Returning Memeber


CPS
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

Its been a while since I sold my 981s and left the forum, but the itch still needs scratching so I've just placed a deposit on a 718 GTS 4.0 .  It will be a long wait but given the state of the used market probably worthwhile.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hiya, congratulations,

when are you picking up your new car? I’ve had my 4.0 GTS on order from June 2021 and I’ve asked for delivery September 2022, I probably could pick it up far sooner but for financial reasons I wanted it in sept.

Would be interested to know roughly what the waiting times are now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, martyn said:

Hiya, congratulations,

when are you picking up your new car? I’ve had my 4.0 GTS on order from June 2021 and I’ve asked for delivery September 2022, I probably could pick it up far sooner but for financial reasons I wanted it in sept.

Would be interested to know roughly what the waiting times are now.

No idea on dates yet. Ringing around most indication is Q4 2022 or Q1 2023, but I'm just taking a wait and see attitude.  I just know my OPC will do the best they can given the business we have done over the years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, MH82 said:

When I put down my deposit for the Spyder they said a gts would be spring 23…..

Wow, I suppose that’s good news for the residual values on them, it must still be a struggle to source the computer chips and I suppose Covid isn’t helping.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I too am returning to the Porsche Boxster fold, after I sold my 981 a few years back (and regretted it ever since!)

GTS 4.0 ordered back in end of June, and was told to expect delivery Mar-22; however I am STILL awaiting a build slot!

Edited by Tilum
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Tilum said:

UPDATE: Just got the call from the dealership today saying that I have been allocated a Feb-22 build slot, with delivery expected beginning of Mar-22 😄

Name that OPC, unheard of being able to honour the timeframe originally given! Well done. What spec have you gone for? I’m highly expecting them to tell me I can’t get a Spyder and offer the GTS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Tilum said:

UPDATE: Just got the call from the dealership today saying that I have been allocated a Feb-22 build slot, with delivery expected beginning of Mar-22 😄

Congratulations! Who is your dealer? I contacted mine yesterday and they told me they do not yet have their Q1 allocations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/17/2021 at 9:59 AM, MH82 said:

Name that OPC, unheard of being able to honour the timeframe originally given! Well done. What spec have you gone for? I’m highly expecting them to tell me I can’t get a Spyder and offer the GTS.

@MH82 My OPC is Porsche Nottingham. 

As you say MH82, it's unusual for the original timeframe quoted to be honoured; however there is still plenty of time for the delivery to slip! 😆 

Spec-wise, I've gone for the 'full works' as (after making the mistake of selling my 981) I intend for this to be a keeper...

Extended Race-Tex & leather (as I don't like the weave of the CF in the GTS Interior Pkg), PCCBs, 18-way seats, Burmester (Hi-Fi was my 1st love before cars), LED PDLS+, PSP, LDP, folding & auto-dimming mirrors, cruise control, painted roll bars, reversing camera, Lane-change assist, HomeLink (to control a Cargraphics exhaust valve controller), Entry & Drive (keyless entry), 2-zone climate control, Heated multifunction steering wheel, ISOFIX, Race-Tex visors, leather seat backrests (as the silver plastic doesn't look great IMHO) & leather steering column, yellow seat belts (to match the PCCBs), illuminated stainless-steel Door sill guards, and a few other bits & bobs. (ref. PNYHDDP6).

I don't blame you for wanting a Spyder; I absolutely love them, and my heart was torn between a GTS and a Spyder.  However I intend to use it as a spring/summer daily.  And sadly I would have had to compromise too much with the Spyder, hence ordering the GTS.

19 hours ago, jhemus said:

Congratulations! Who is your dealer? I contacted mine yesterday and they told me they do not yet have their Q1 allocations.

Cheers jhemus, It seems as though Q1 allocations are coming through in drips & drabs ever since about 1 month ago; I thought I'd missed out on a Feb-22 build as the OPC said they received have any Boxster GFTS 4.0 allocations for Q1, but then I got the unexpected call :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tilum said:

@MH82 My OPC is Porsche Nottingham. 

As you say MH82, it's unusual for the original timeframe quoted to be honoured; however there is still plenty of time for the delivery to slip! 😆 

Spec-wise, I've gone for the 'full works' as (after making the mistake of selling my 981) I intend for this to be a keeper...

Extended Race-Tex & leather (as I don't like the weave of the CF in the GTS Interior Pkg), PCCBs, 18-way seats, Burmester (Hi-Fi was my 1st love before cars), LED PDLS+, PSP, LDP, folding & auto-dimming mirrors, cruise control, painted roll bars, reversing camera, Lane-change assist, HomeLink (to control a Cargraphics exhaust valve controller), Entry & Drive (keyless entry), 2-zone climate control, Heated multifunction steering wheel, ISOFIX, Race-Tex visors, leather seat backrests (as the silver plastic doesn't look great IMHO) & leather steering column, yellow seat belts (to match the PCCBs), illuminated stainless-steel Door sill guards, and a few other bits & bobs. (ref. PNYHDDP6).

I don't blame you for wanting a Spyder; I absolutely love them, and my heart was torn between a GTS and a Spyder.  However I intend to use it as a spring/summer daily.  And sadly I would have had to compromise too much with the Spyder, hence ordering the GTS.

Cheers jhemus, It seems as though Q1 allocations are coming through in drips & drabs ever since about 1 month ago; I thought I'd missed out on a Feb-22 build as the OPC said they received have any Boxster GFTS 4.0 allocations for Q1, but then I got the unexpected call :) 

That’s a fantastic spec - not much left to tick! Look forward to hearing your first impressions when it arrives in a couple of months. Hopefully mine won’t be too long afterwards.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Tilum said:

@MH82 My OPC is Porsche Nottingham. 

As you say MH82, it's unusual for the original timeframe quoted to be honoured; however there is still plenty of time for the delivery to slip! 😆 

Spec-wise, I've gone for the 'full works' as (after making the mistake of selling my 981) I intend for this to be a keeper...

Extended Race-Tex & leather (as I don't like the weave of the CF in the GTS Interior Pkg), PCCBs, 18-way seats, Burmester (Hi-Fi was my 1st love before cars), LED PDLS+, PSP, LDP, folding & auto-dimming mirrors, cruise control, painted roll bars, reversing camera, Lane-change assist, HomeLink (to control a Cargraphics exhaust valve controller), Entry & Drive (keyless entry), 2-zone climate control, Heated multifunction steering wheel, ISOFIX, Race-Tex visors, leather seat backrests (as the silver plastic doesn't look great IMHO) & leather steering column, yellow seat belts (to match the PCCBs), illuminated stainless-steel Door sill guards, and a few other bits & bobs. (ref. PNYHDDP6).

I don't blame you for wanting a Spyder; I absolutely love them, and my heart was torn between a GTS and a Spyder.  However I intend to use it as a spring/summer daily.  And sadly I would have had to compromise too much with the Spyder, hence ordering the GTS.

Cheers jhemus, It seems as though Q1 allocations are coming through in drips & drabs ever since about 1 month ago; I thought I'd missed out on a Feb-22 build as the OPC said they received have any Boxster GFTS 4.0 allocations for Q1, but then I got the unexpected call :) 

Very nice. Just checked it out on the configurator and notice that PCCBs seem to have dropped off the options list for the GTS for some reason, wonder if that’s supply issues.

My Spyder spec isn’t a million miles away from yours www.porsche-code.com/PNFVVNM3 

interestingly I’m undecided on the seat backs. Had the standard silver shell on my 987 but leather covered on the 991.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, jhemus said:

That’s a fantastic spec - not much left to tick! Look forward to hearing your first impressions when it arrives in a couple of months. Hopefully mine won’t be too long afterwards.

Thanks jhemus. Yeah, I learnt the lesson of 'spec everything you want at build, as it's harder & more expensive to add it later!' when I got my 981, hence ticking lots of options this time around!  Will share photos & 1st impressions etc when it arrives :)

1 hour ago, MH82 said:

Very nice. Just checked it out on the configurator and notice that PCCBs seem to have dropped off the options list for the GTS for some reason, wonder if that’s supply issues.

My Spyder spec isn’t a million miles away from yours www.porsche-code.com/PNFVVNM3 

interestingly I’m undecided on the seat backs. Had the standard silver shell on my 987 but leather covered on the 991.

Yeah, I noticed that too!  However, the PCCBs were definitely available on the configurator on Thursday evening.  They must currently be having (non-GT4/Spyder) Boxster/Cayman PCCB supply issues, which I guess may well delay my build completion/delivery 😑

Love your Spyder spec.  Fingers crossed you get an allocation.  Interesting to see that adaptive cruise control isn't available on a PDK Spyder, only standard CC!  If I was having a PDK GTS, I would definitely have opted for adaptive cruise control but sadly its not an option for MTs.  Will your Spyder be a daily?

On 12/14/2021 at 9:01 PM, CPS said:

No idea on dates yet. Ringing around most indication is Q4 2022 or Q1 2023, but I'm just taking a wait and see attitude.  I just know my OPC will do the best they can given the business we have done over the years.

Do you have any idea what your spec will be yet CPS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Tilum said:

 

Yeah, I noticed that too!  However, the PCCBs were definitely available on the configurator on Thursday evening.  They must currently be having (non-GT4/Spyder) Boxster/Cayman PCCB supply issues, which I guess may well delay my build completion/delivery 😑

Love your Spyder spec.  Fingers crossed you get an allocation.  Interesting to see that adaptive cruise control isn't available on a PDK Spyder, only standard CC!  If I was having a PDK GTS, I would definitely have opted for adaptive cruise control but sadly its not an option for MTs.  Will your Spyder be a daily?

As daily as things are these days, though we do have another car for really mundane tasks/journeys. Like you my plan is to keep it long term

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, AnthonyR said:

My GTS 4.0 is currently specced with PCCB, I shall be seriously p*ssed off if they have dropped off

Not sure of the exact situation tbh. The configurator now says "The following options are currently not available and will be removed from the configuration".  Hopefully it's just a temporary issue.  When's your build slot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Tilum said:

Not sure of the exact situation tbh. The configurator now says "The following options are currently not available and will be removed from the configuration".  Hopefully it's just a temporary issue.  When's your build slot?

 

My car was ordered on the 1st of June and I have been told my car is coming Q1 2022 but I have not had an allocation as yet.

 

This will be my 3rd Boxster but my first new one and I have always wanted a car with buckets and PCCB's and will not be happy with any comprimises!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MH82 said:

As daily as things are these days, though we do have another car for really mundane tasks/journeys. Like you my plan is to keep it long term

I've several other cars too.  However, whilst I absolutely love the Spyder, there were just too many compromises for me personally:-

- Manually retractable roof - the car having to be stationary to put the roof up/down, which is not great when there's a sudden downpour and you can't pull over!

- Not being able to open the rear luggage compartment when the roof is up! (Try explaining to the other half why you can't take the luggage from the rear boot into the hotel as its raining and you don't want to lower the roof in the rain!)

- Potential grounding issues with speed bumps and multi-storey car park ramps due to the lower ground clearance (-30 mm v std.) and Spyder's front splitter

- Harsher ride due to the stiffer suspension setup, only 1 driving mode, and (aforementioned) lower ground clearance

- Greater road noise due to the thinner glass used and less well insulated roof to make the car lighter! 

- No front parking sensors (due to the Spyder's front bumper design)

- No keyless entry ('Porsche Entry & Drive') option

- No memory seats option (due to the different door card used with the fabric door handles)

- No lane change assist option

... All in all there were too many compromises for a daily for me, and I felt I would use a GTS more than I would a Spyder.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, AnthonyR said:

 

My car was ordered on the 1st of June and I have been told my car is coming Q1 2022 but I have not had an allocation as yet.

 

This will be my 3rd Boxster but my first new one and I have always wanted a car with buckets and PCCB's and will not be happy with any comprimises!

Similar position to me then (ordered similar time and quoted similar delivery timescales).  This will be my 2nd new Boxster, and (like you) I didn't want to compromise on spec! Fingers crossed it's just a short term issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Tilum said:

I've several other cars too.  However, whilst I absolutely love the Spyder, there were just too many compromises for me personally:-

- Manually retractable roof - the car having to be stationary to put the roof up/down, which is not great when there's a sudden downpour and you can't pull over!

- Not being able to open the rear luggage compartment when the roof is up! (Try explaining to the other half why you can't take the luggage from the rear boot into the hotel as its raining and you don't want to lower the roof in the rain!)

- Potential grounding issues with speed bumps and multi-storey car park ramps due to the lower ground clearance (-30 mm v std.) and Spyder's front splitter

- Harsher ride due to the stiffer suspension setup, only 1 driving mode, and (aforementioned) lower ground clearance

- Greater road noise due to the thinner glass used and less well insulated roof to make the car lighter! 

- No front parking sensors (due to the Spyder's front bumper design)

- No keyless entry ('Porsche Entry & Drive') option

- No memory seats option (due to the different door card used with the fabric door handles)

- No lane change assist option

... All in all there were too many compromises for a daily for me, and I felt I would use a GTS more than I would a Spyder.

I get most of those; and recognise that it won’t be as outwardly practical as our 911 was or even the 987, but I’ve had significantly less practical convertibles in the past, and for me the idiosyncratic nature of that plus the looks are enough to overcome those issues. I’d always hanker for it if I didn’t go for it (or at least try to get one).

also, we learnt with the 911 that the front boot was sufficient for most things, so the rear would only be used for touring etc. (when we had the Boxster it was more natural to use the rear boot first as it was more ‘normal’)

then only things that are ‘annoying’ for me are

- no Porsche entry and drive

- no option for old style buckets (which were heated - the 918s aren’t), which as a result means there’s more tinkering necessary with the 18 ways which we’ve spec’d as no memory.

- slight concern about scraping the splitter on the drive, as did this with the 987 on Spyder suspension and also with the 911 which has -20 spasm. Might be ok if I drive straight on rather than reverse…..

however, if they end up telling me I can’t have one and am offered a GTS instead then I can fix two of those issues…..

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CPS said:

This is my initial spec

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGGDIH3

But colour wise may change to Yellow or Shark Blue -  Still planty of time to think though 🤪

 

 

Very classy looking spec CPS 👍

Couple of observations (feel free to ignore them as its your car not mine 🙈😆)

- Seen as your BGTS is PDK, are you not tempted by the adaptive cruise control option (over standard CC)?

- You've opted for the 'Heated multifunction sports steering wheel in carbon' yet nothing else in the car is CF.  If you opt for the 'GT sports steering wheel' AND 'Heated multifunction steering wheel' options, you get a heated leather multifunction steering wheel', instead of a Race-Tex one.

- The 'Smoking package' option not only gives you an additional 12V charging point, but also gives you a smart cover instead of the open tray.

Hope that helps :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...