Replacement Key Issues - Help!

Raffe

I bought a replacement ‘Porsche’ key off Amazon for around £15, nice quality tbh and looks ok.

Issue I’m having is that whilst the boot and bonnet buttons work fine the door unlock will not work. I’ve stripped key apart and if I press the buttons on the circuit board it locks/unlocks fine - so issue is with key case and the button making the right contact to press the switch.

Anyone can offer any help it would be appreciated, happy to buy another Amazon case if it’s possible I just have a dodgy one.

welcome any input as it’s driving me mad.

No help with your door lock problem but have you also transferred the immobiliser pill from old case to new?

otherwise car won’t start.  From what I have read you more or less have to destroy the old case to get the pill out so worth considering if you are going to “go again”‘with an alternative replacement case.  

2 hours ago, boer13 said:

Raffe, if it was me I'd experiment with a few small spacers between the microswitch and key case button.

(My own suffers from the opposite.. activates by accident all the time!)

Good idea, thank you 🙏 

1 hour ago, Quinten said:

Check for a break on the microswitch solder connection.  I've had to repair one button on @TGI_J's keyfob as it was no longer making good contact.  It's fiddly, but well within the realms of a hobby soldering iron...

Board works absolutely perfectly, all buttons activate identically without key fob cover.