Single to twin exhaust tailpipes

DeRo

1 hour ago, Topbox said:

Interestingly, Boxster designers have consistantly challange the deeply held ideas, aesthetics and traditions of "twin exhausts" . If you like twin pipes, fit them and I personally would not worry if they were an option or not. Nice pics btw 👍

Any more details on the source for that just out of nothing but interest...?

I wasn't desperate to change it, twins just look better to my eyes on some cars.  But a bit cr*p on others like the 2 sets on a Golf R for instance.

Brake caliper painting next when the weather gets a bit warmer, black or silver. Leaning towards black I think (wheels are silver 18s)

8 minutes ago, DeRo said:

I wasn't desperate to change it, twins just look better to my eyes on some cars.  But a bit cr*p on others like the 2 sets on a Golf R for instance.

Brake caliper painting next when the weather gets a bit warmer, black or silver. Leaning towards black I think (wheels are silver 18s)

It’s all about personal choice and what the owners eye wants their car to look like. I’ve had the X73 kit retro fitted along with the PSE. I also then after deliberating long and hard had the callipers professionally painted red. Yep it’s a 2.7 a d a lot of people would possibly think I’m really wanted an S model but no I just enjoy the look and wanted the 2.7 for my own reasons. I also had the 2.7 987 Gen1 over an S

https://postimg.cc/fJBk2Cdv

It’s interesting how Porsche change their ‘upgraded’ exhaust looks over the years,  e.g. 4 pipes or 2 coming from the 911, seems to change regularly.  Currently you upgrade to PSE on a 911 and go from 4->2,  seems to be to opposite on a Macan!

Edited by Greenman

1 hour ago, Ringmaster999 said:

It’s all about personal choice and what the owners eye wants their car to look like. I’ve had the X73 kit retro fitted along with the PSE. I also then after deliberating long and hard had the callipers professionally painted red. Yep it’s a 2.7 a d a lot of people would possibly think I’m really wanted an S model but no I just enjoy the look and wanted the 2.7 for my own reasons. I also had the 2.7 987 Gen1 over an S

https://postimg.cc/fJBk2Cdv

Good colour choice for a white car.  Likewise, I'd do mine red if I wanted to regardless of it being a 2.7.  However as its Guards Red I think a contrasting colour will look good.

I've no want for a 3.4, 2.7 has all the performance I need and some.  I get a load of enjoyment just bimbling in it trying not to hold up the traffic 😁

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DeRo said:

Sorry, I can't direct you or give you a link. It started as a personal observation as I had always thought the single oval shaped exhaust on the Boxster, a sports car after all,  to be rather idiosyncratic, especialy given the flat six engine. About a gear ago someone posted a video here celebrating 25 years of the Boxster and it featured an interview with members of the Boxster design team and the oval exhaust was discussed. It transpired it was a feature the designers were particularly pleased with. I got the impression this was because the exhaust was designed to challenge the twin pipes concept, doing so without any detrimental effect to performance. The fact that it has stayed from 986  through to 718 suggests the designers see the oval  exhaust as a small element that underlines the Boxster's challenge to more convential sports car design.

For the record I painted the  calipers on my 987 yellow as they make a nice contrast to a blue car. Naturally, some think I'm a ceramic brake wannabee 😁

Black calipers work very well behind  silver wheels. I have seen a couple examples on cars here.

• Thanks 1