Does PDK creep.

chanlon1

2 minutes ago, chanlon1 said:

If you pop it into drive, does the car creep forward when you release the brake?

Yes, if you've not got the handbrake on, hold hasn't been activated and you're not pointing up a hill

16 minutes ago, CMA said:

Yes, if you've not got the handbrake on, hold hasn't been activated and you're not pointing up a hill

Thanks. I’ve a F80 M3 and the gearbox in it doesn’t creep. You have to tap the pedal to engage the gear and it’s quite annoying. Wasn’t sure if the PDK operated the same. 

My 981 has hill hold so if you're on an incline it doesn't creep when you release the brake pedal.  I can't quite remember now if it holds permanently or temporarily because I don't drive mine much. I think it even illuminates a green word on the dash to the effect too.

26 minutes ago, ATM said:

My 981 has hill hold so if you're on an incline it doesn't creep when you release the brake pedal.  I can't quite remember now if it holds permanently or temporarily because I don't drive mine much. I think it even illuminates a green word on the dash to the effect too.

Yep the 981 hold permanently until you press the accelerator. As does the Macan. The Missus has a Polo that only hold for about 8 seconds.... not great when you get used to it holding permanently and forget, then suddenly find yourself rolling backwards 🤣