All good for the MoT and new procedures

Gramps

MoT day today for my 2011 Boxster S. 85,750 miles and pleased to say it passed with no advisories 😁.
I was with the guy when he was about to do the emissions, how things have changed. He said he couldn't find the OBD11 port ( ??? so I pointed out to him where it was). Apparently it is a requirement for the MoT now that they hook up to the OBD for the engine temp and revs and the like and their BT handheld terminal which they plug into the OBD port then hooks up to their test gear. I've seen many an MoT where the engine temp has been over-ridden for the emissions test, so it looks like that little loophole (for some) has been closed (daresay there is a way round it still??).
Where you used to be able to see the emissions figures (percentages) on the garages test kit you now get 3 columns (not sure what they indicate that are red or green (pass or fail). Mine were all red to start with. the tester guy asked if I'd "driven" it much of late, which I hadn't due to 2 hip replacements in the last 3.5mths, so he gave it a few revs to clear out the cobwebs and hey presto all ok. I had taken it for a longer but not spirited drive before the MoT to ensure it was warmed up but that obviously wasn't suffice. So a lesson to be learnt there for the future??
Mine has Topgear sports cats which I fitted last year so I was wondering how the emissions would be. The tester guy remarked on the different O2 sensors but explained to him that they were the original O2 sensors but the after cat ones have an "extension elbow" on them that takes the sensor out of the direct flow of the exhaust gases in order to keep any engine management errors at bay. Obviously appear to do the job.
He still had to check the brakes and proceeded to get in the car and reverse it out of the bay, I presumed in order to turn it round and reverse it back in for some reason but then proceeded to drive the car along the front of the garages before braking hard. Apparently he uses a G force meter to record the braking forces, never seen that before either???
Just thought I'd post this up as some general info re the MoTs now.
He did also mention that my rears were getting low, but I have a track day booked at Donington 21/3 so will get that out the way before I change them out. Just hoping it's more slicks than wets weather on the day.
2yrs ownership and not a penny required on essential maintenance. Excellent stuff