Rear lights and rear fog light being tinted next week…

Stuno1

Having been to see a chap who put PPF on one of my older cars about tinting the rear lights and fog light I’m going for it on Tuesday.

For me the lights are too red. Also, not sure I care enough to buy replacement GTS style clear lights.

I don’t want them black but want the red dimmed. We test fitted a light tint/smoke ppf and it looked great. It took the redness edge off. Doing the lights meant also doing the fog light so it didn’t stand out too much. 

I’ll post before and after pics once it’s done. 

Edited by Stuno1

Interested. So it’s just film over the lights?

Curious to see how long it lasts, for some reason I am suspicious of water ingress under the film. A lot of edge for a small area maybe. 

4 hours ago, Menoporsche said:

Interested. So it’s just film over the lights?

Curious to see how long it lasts, for some reason I am suspicious of water ingress under the film. A lot of edge for a small area maybe. 

Ppf is great for that so can’t see this being any different. Time will tell.

I'd be very interested as I also think my lights are too red (they clash frightfully with the orange, dahling) and huge lumps of black also don't work.  So this could be a simple solution.

Ideally I'd like 718 style with the horizontal strips of "white" breaking up the black, but it seems they don't do that for the 987.1 :( 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Ringmaster999 said:

Looks good 👍 I went the GTS route but yours might well be an alternative route for many. Good results 👍

I did consider that but the prince put me off. They look good though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

They look great!

I went the GTS route but I’ve still got the original reds in the loft, so it maybe a option if I get bored and not to expensive. Did it take them long or a while you wait type of job?

Not sure I left the car with him for 5 hours so he had plenty of time. 

16 minutes ago, daz05 said:

I don't like them standard either but that's just a shade too dark for me. Centre light works well though.

It was a fair bit darker when I took the ‘after picture’ but it could be a tad lighter yes. I’ll get a better image tomorrow when it’s lighter. As it is PPF there were only two options and the other one was almost no difference to standard. 

• Like 1