GTS - Thoughts?

andy_l

It's been for sale for a very long time, it started off in the mid 40s we discussed it on here at the time and someone noticed one of the ceramics looked to be cracked. It's a very generous spec but the previous seller claimed it was chipped and lowered. It looks to have been speced with x73 so I'm not sure why you would fit aftermarket springs anyway.

Since then it was raffled off and owned by the winner for one summer before being sold to this garage and it's been with them for about 6 months.

39 minutes ago, andy_l said:

That's brilliant, many thanks gents 👍 

Steps away from the GTS...

It really does have lots of goodies but it needs to be priced more realistically to reflect its history.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, andy_l said:

Thanks again Daz.

The history (I get) and extra 80-odd bhp (surely material when marketing the car) don't seem to be mentioned in the advert....

Yes I noticed that, maybe the software has been flashed back to standard now or maybe not.

This was for sale when I was looking for my GTS and was quite tempted however I don’t think it has had an easy previous life plus it has been messed with, aftermarket exhaust, suspension etc. so I quickly took that one off my saved vehicles list

Edited by Robin_GTS

Yep, I recognised some of the earlier photos from the competition link and remember avoiding at the time.

80bhp seems a massive amount extra to get from an n/a car without extensive headwork, cams etc.

Thanks again all 👍

Edited by andy_l

1 hour ago, andy_l said:

Yep, I recognised some of the earlier photos from the competition link and remember avoiding at the time.

80bhp seems a massive amount extra to get from an n/a car without extensive headwork, cams etc.

Thanks again all 👍

I can't see that figure as being accurate, the 3.4 is detuned in the 981 so fairly easy to bump it up to the 360 mark. The discrepancies between the Boxster, Cayman and GTS models are mostly marketing anyway. I was even more shocked that the straight line performance of the 4.0l GT4 even with pdk it doesn't make any gain whatsoever until the very last few rpm of its rev range, mix that in with the longer gearing and it's all much n such. I'd sooner have a bit more mid range than headline figure.

I chucked quite a bit of time and money on my 981S and the most I got was 312bhp at the rear wheels. I was advised by the tuners not to waste any more money and the only way to get more bhp and torque was (a) a bigger engine (b) a turbo.

Mark Shead did look into increasing the engine size but we bailed at £15K for parts!

I strongly suspect the 406bhp to be pie in the sky numbers.

• 1 month later...

Bit of a thread revival but I just wanted to say thanks for this info especially from @daz05.  I was/am quite interested in this vehicle as it's local, has a decent spec and seems to be priced fairly well.  It also comes with 2 years warranty and whilst I have not enquired, I'm guessing it might be a Porsche one to get it shifted.  I may go have a look but the info contained in this thread will mean that I tread a bit more carefully.  Thanks folks.

I don’t think a Porsche Warranty can be re-sold / transferred by the trade , unless it goes through the 111 point warranty and a OPC sells the warranty.

if the car had a OPC warranty and was sold into the trade outside the Porsche network- it is my understanding the OPC warranty is lost, although it can be transferred as a private sale

7 hours ago, Gee said:

Understood.  This may be why they have the 'ask for further details' wording in the advert.  If I decide to view I will definitely enquire.

I also  thought that it would not pass the 111 point check with any aftermarket parts fitted. Given the add states money oem exhaust and suspension, I think it unlikely to be a Porsche warranty. More likely an aftermarket 3rd party warranty 

Edited by moonshine