Looking to buy a 987.2 Spyder... anyone know LG10MZE ?

scaramanga

Evening all!

Been awhile since i posted but i do read a lot on here, just haven't had a boxster for awhile!

I'm looking to buy a 987 Spyder, and saw an ad for a low mileage example, which has been listed by Sytner BMW under their 'Select' programme. 

Suspect there is a bit of a story, which is why the car isn't being retailed by one of Sytner's OPCs.  In the meantime just wondering if anyone knows the car or previous owner ? Current registration is LG10MZE, but it may have been on a private plate before.

It's a black car with c.7.5k miles and apparently the owner is/was in London. 

Any feedback/clues appreciated! 

Thanks!

53A510C9-6718-424B-8243-8AA7CDAA4076.jpeg.e3db561796d3f2adede5c5f2d882c61f.jpeg

Hi there 

I don’t know that car but I bought a Black Edition from a Sytner select and it was a fantastic car. I owned it 3 years and never had a issue with it, mine was still under Porsche warranty when I had it and I never found a reason why it had been sold through the Select garage. Obviously I spent a bit on bringing it up to my liking but it maybe worth viewing the Spyder and having a look at the history 👍

50037737397_59c4f630e9_b.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Lonewolfgjp!

The service history is confirmed as:
04/2012 5107 miles
04/2014 6261 miles
05/2017 6803 miles
11/2019 6841 miles
01/2022 7500 miles

Looks decent but I’m waiting for the details of who carried out the services. 

Spec: 
- Cruise control
- Sound Package Plus
- Sport Chrono Package
- CD-Radio Audio System 
- CDR-30
- Floor Mats in Interior Color
- Universal Audio Interface
- Automatically Dimming Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor

Unfortunately it doesn’t have AC, but I’m not sure it matters as much for this particular model ?

Whether Sytner pass any trade in to their OPCs is down to their stock and margin.  They sell hundreds of cars a month via their Select business.

Perhaps a non Porsche service is in the history, maybe its not on N rated tyres and erodes OPC margin to offer their own warranty.

The interest in spyders is most likely to be highest May through August, which again dependent upon when they acquired it might influence OPC interst

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, scaramanga said:

Thanks @Lonewolfgjp!

The service history is confirmed as:
04/2012 5107 miles
04/2014 6261 miles
05/2017 6803 miles
11/2019 6841 miles
01/2022 7500 miles

Looks decent but I’m waiting for the details of who carried out the services. 

Spec: 
- Cruise control
- Sound Package Plus
- Sport Chrono Package
- CD-Radio Audio System 
- CDR-30
- Floor Mats in Interior Color
- Universal Audio Interface
- Automatically Dimming Interior and Exterior Mirrors with Integrated Rain Sensor

Unfortunately it doesn’t have AC, but I’m not sure it matters as much for this particular model ?

No I don’t think the lack of air conditioning would be a issue with this one, does it have the sports exhaust? They sound great on the Spyder 👍

Im guessing this car is being part exchanged against a BMW and they have decided to retail it. All their non franchise cars are sold under the Select name so nothing sinister there👍

• Thanks 1

Phaff on ( over think ) too much and it will be gone .Sorry to be blunt but theses 987.2 s imho are the sweet spot .A spider is getting collectible.

I note you are looking for reassurance on PH as well .It’s over a decade old .Been HPI d etc .

Pop along cash in hand view it scan the history and strike a deal if it’s been languishing.

Edited by Boxer boy
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Boxer boy said:

Phaff on ( over think ) too much and it will be gone .Sorry to be blunt but theses 987.2 s imho are the sweet spot .A spider is getting collectible.

I note you are looking for reassurance on PH as well .It’s over a decade old .Been HPI d etc .

Pop along cash in hand view it scan the history and strike a deal if it’s been languishing.

Thanks.  Agree that good cars don’t sit around (especially in the current market!).  

I’m planning to go view this weekend.  Ideally need to get someone to check the over-revs, using PIWIS/Durametric. 

• 2 weeks later...