Seat upgrade info

Spinjim

So I’ve a worn drivers seat which isn’t comfortable so I’m thinking an upgrade second hand.  Several options on eBay but looking if upgrading to 4 way adjustable will need additional electrical connections. 
I’ve looked at the wiring diagram and think the connections to the seat at the connector block are the same the additional switching and power is done by the control module in the seat (anyone confirm this ?) 

I’ve also read on the 718 forum that seats are basically plug in and play as someone has upgraded there seats without any additional wiring. 
Anyone else tried this before I purchase 

Thanks 

James 

18 minutes ago, Spinjim said:

So I’ve a worn drivers seat which isn’t comfortable so I’m thinking an upgrade second hand.  Several options on eBay but looking if upgrading to 4 way adjustable will need additional electrical connections. 
I’ve looked at the wiring diagram and think the connections to the seat at the connector block are the same the additional switching and power is done by the control module in the seat (anyone confirm this ?) 

I’ve also read on the 718 forum that seats are basically plug in and play as someone has upgraded there seats without any additional wiring. 
Anyone else tried this before I purchase 

Thanks 

James 

Yes I think you are right, worst case you have to swap modules over and repin the socket but I think the cables to the seat are basically the same regardless unless you have ventiliated seats or perhaps the memory option.