Went to put some 15mm spacers on the back....

Ninesomething

First side went on easy as pie. Looked down the side of the car and thought - 'wow that looks wide...' Went round the other side and thought 'wow that looks narrow'. Started to do the other side and the darned thing would not go on. It was like one of the hub flanges was bent outwards. Considered tapping it with a hammer but didn't want to snap it - quite a hefty bit of metal.

So I went back to side one, took the wheel back off and tried the non-fitting spacer on that side. Went on fine. So it looks like I do have a bent hub flange. Anyone come across anything like that before?

Yep - good as gold. The spacer is a tighter fit though. If it is bent it must been a hell of a whack. It's only a gnats but if I tried to force the spacer on it would be so tight that I doubt I'd be able to line up the bolt holes. I tried some copper grease but that didn't work.

Maybe it was always like that.

The 3 flanges on the hub are meant to be a good fit in the wheel centre and will have been machined to a close tolerance. Probably +0.0 to -0.025mm. There must be some damage so try rubbing them down with abrasive paper or a light file.

• Like 1