Outdoor car covers?

andygo

My 981 Cayman GTS lives outside and constantly attracts dust on the paintwork. I had thought about a car cover in the past but have been put off by the thought of putting a cover on a car that might not be 100% clean and grit fee.

However, just noticed this company:  https://richbrook.co.uk/product/stormguard-tailored-4-layer-outdoor-car-covers/

Anyone had any experience of them?

Edited by andygo

I haven't got any experience of these, or any other covers, and I've got the same problem as you, but with added bird poo as well... :lol:  We live in the countryside, surrounded by fields, with regular combine harvesters and tractors working all around our village.  However, I wouldn't use a car cover, because I'm sure it would scratch the paintwork, no matter how soft it is, .  Obviously I'm no expert, and it's only my personal opinion, which is worth very little around here....  I will continue to carefully remove the poo with a soft wet sponge as soon as I see it, and regularly wash the car when it needs it (which - of course - also risks scratching the paintwork......).  I'm not obsessive, and probably wash the car about once a fortnight, which is enough to keep it in decent condition.

disagree on covers. 

had one on my Boxster 4 years now and no issues. 

always cleaned and dried before covering. 

polished and waxed

remove cover in windy weather 

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Virglas said:

Had a genuine Porsche cover....Never again...car was covered in light scuffs after one winter.....took ages to get them out.....

I don't see how if car is clean, dry and waxed. Admittedly I am very fastidious in my cleaning regime when covering and storing (the cover)

18 minutes ago, Pinewood said:

I don't see how if car is clean, dry and waxed. Admittedly I am very fastidious in my cleaning regime when covering and storing (the cover)

Your probably right but the inside of the car cover must also be free of any contamination.....I found the whole process too much especially if you want to use the car occasionally in winter......

• Like 1