Belt Idler Pulley Bearings

Codfanglers

The Meyle water pump arrived today and it looks and feels a quality part. My belt tensioner pulley sounds and feels fine, but both the idler pulleys sound slightly rough and one has perceivable play. Replacement pulleys seem expensive. Can replacement bearings be pressed into the pulleys and if so, does anyone happen to have the bearing number(s). 

I found the write-up thanks. I'll whistle the worst one off tomorrow, see how easy the bearing presses out and if I can do it without damaging the pulley. Nothing to lose really in doing that. Those SKF bearings can be had for £14 each delivered but I'll confirm the bearing dimensions when (if) it comes out.

• Like 1

They are plastic/composite pulleys, moulded over both ends of the bearing so replacement is not an option.

I know they all have different part numbers but are all the actual pulleys the same? They seem a fairly common size Possibly a generic item shared by others in the VAG group? Has anyone found suitable items that don't include the Porsche tax?