Got my new royal steering wheels steering wheel.

Ninesomething

13 hours ago, funbobby said:

Where did you get your mats from??

off facebook i think but i would not recommend them the logo are just iron on logo's the boxster s since photo has come off from getting in and out, the mats are ok should get some OEM mats at sometime

On 9/3/2022 at 11:43 PM, kevin450 said:

The. Royal finnish looks great,  this is my DIY AliExpress £35.00 version happy with results for price. QI85Sba.jpgYR4P9pG.jpg

That could be quite an expensive DIY if you have to dismantle your gear linkage to fit it.

On 9/3/2022 at 11:43 PM, kevin450 said:

The. Royal finnish looks great,  this is my DIY AliExpress £35.00 version happy with results for price. QI85Sba.jpgYR4P9pG.jpg

That looks good, how much of a ballache was the sewing? Is it easy to mess it up? How long did it take you?

Also, when you go to order and it says ‘bulge’ does that mean it gives you the option to add or it’s to provide extra material for cara that already do?

cheers

nark

On 9/6/2022 at 10:46 PM, Hainesy said:

That looks good, how much of a ballache was the sewing? Is it easy to mess it up? How long did it take you?

Also, when you go to order and it says ‘bulge’ does that mean it gives you the option to add or it’s to provide extra material for cara that already do?

cheers

nark

It does take time about two hours for me due to learning curve not to  easy to mess up once you have started the instructions are good also found you tube videos to help. The bulge I’m not sure about as mine 987 wheel does have a bulge I ordered without I don’t know if they supply the bulge. Great satisfaction when you’ve done it 

Interesting to see the DIY option - thanks kevin450. 

I have a friend who made a new red leather cover for the steering wheel in his 928. He took the old cover off and used it as a pattern to cut the new one, then stitched it on. He's a practical and careful type but the end result is every bit as good as any professional job I've ever seen. I don't think that DIY-ing steering wheel covers is as hard as some people think, and it's good to hear your experience. 

• Thanks 1