Got my new royal steering wheels steering wheel.

Ninesomething

Got to admit they do an awesome job. And what was even more awesome was I didn't pay for it. While my car was in a local garage they scratched the old one. When I moaned they said 'get in touch with royal, get it fixed and we'll pay.' And they did.

Had it done just like stock but with red stitching because I'm flash. I was going to get the shift gaiter and handbrake cover done at the same time but they've just been closed for summer holidays and didn't have time to do them. Having seen the quality I think I might order them anyway.

I had the exact opposite, paid for the replacement option with Royal but it arrived with a small hole in the box and a cut to the bottom of the wheel

They took my original wheel back and re-trimmed that for me instead, very happy with this one!

30 minutes ago, funbobby said:

What sort of money was this if you dont mind me asking?

It was £185 plus postage of £9.99.  If using the exchange service you also pay £150 deposit which is refunded once you return the extra steering wheel.

6 hours ago, plynchy said:

Royal do a great job, although i'd advise against Alcantara, looks great at first but takes some looking after.

This 👆

Will be going for suede next time. But that’s after 25k+ miles so maybe it’s not so important for the garage queens. 

16 hours ago, 944GS said:

It was £185 plus postage of £9.99.  If using the exchange service you also pay £150 deposit which is refunded once you return the extra steering wheel.

Mine was the same but I drove down there and they swapped the new one on while I was there which cost £25 and took about 4 minutes. Easy money....

I did mine as it was quite worn and a bit thin. Royal did my mx5 wheel too so I knew what to expect and wasn’t disappointed.

This time though I had the gear knob, gear gaitor and handbrake trim done at the same time. Now it’s all perfectly matched to the sea blue trim, looking fantastic and feeling lovely, great job RSW…..

5 hours ago, JonSta said:

Mine was the same but I drove down there and they swapped the new one on while I was there which cost £25 and took about 4 minutes. Easy money....

Only 4 minutes, I disconnected the battery and waited at least 30 minutes to make sure the airbag wouldn’t go off in my face when I removed it, sounds like that’s not necessary if they’re not doing it!

9 hours ago, kevin450 said:

this is my DIY AliExpress £35.00 version happy with results for price.

Looks great. Do you have a link? I'm interested, on the off chance they have a suitable Grey, which Royal couldn't supply last time I checked.

1 hour ago, red rocket said:

Looks great. Do you have a link? I'm interested, on the off chance they have a suitable Grey, which Royal couldn't supply last time I checked.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001699421622.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.0.0.79ee1802tIFyza

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002204235986.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.121f7739nCnENQ&algo_pvid=2db73ee3-2d32-4d12-98bc-b578d9484d85&algo_exp_id=2db73ee3-2d32-4d12-98bc-b578d9484d85-43&pdp_ext_f={"sku_id"%3A"12000020971986664"}&pdp_npi=2%40dis!GBP!36.19!30.76!!!!!%402100bb5116622864954827241e0f94!12000020971986664!sea&curPageLogUid=qZGONFCENkrO 

show them a picture of the design you require they will let you know if it can be done

if you have OCD i don't recommend top dead centre band mine is ever so slightly off centre when going straight but is perfectly aligned to to porsche wheel badge centre annoying

• Thanks 1