This is a monster bargain.

Ninesomething

I'm yet to try a car with this fitted but I'm not sure it's entirely necessary on the 981 the pasm system is quite good in my experience.

I've spent a lot of time bracing the chassis with 718 bits Porsche added. The X73 AR bars also make it feel sharper, more playful and more alive the car feels great on the road, really good.

Edited by daz05

On 9/21/2022 at 5:20 PM, daz05 said:

I'm yet to try a car with this fitted but I'm not sure it's entirely necessary on the 981 the pasm system is quite good in my experience.

I've spent a lot of time bracing the chassis with 718 bits Porsche added. The X73 AR bars also make it feel sharper, more playful and more alive the car feels great on the road, really good.

What bracing parts have you added please Daz?

9 minutes ago, daz05 said:

Video coming soon but the 718 piece across the anti roll bar brackets and a piece from a gt4 that ties the rear axle carriers together at the bottom. 

What's the price and part no. for that Daz? Is it 981-331-275-80

2 hours ago, daz05 said:

That's the gt4 upper brace you only need that if you have a manual i think. New they are around £120 used at least half.

So are you are using the brace that needs 2 extra holes drilling in the triangular bracing plate? 

1 x 982-505-475 (transverse strut)
2 x 981-333-777-00 (bearing clamp)
4 x 900-378-159-01 ( hex-head bolt 8x60)

Looking forward to your vid👍

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, T24RES said:

I have a DSC controller, I like it.

Can you go into the software setting on your controller and select different (Porsche) vehicles? The V3 controller fits the 991 and 981 but you specify your model in the ordering process, can you alter it if you move to a GT4 for instance?

1 hour ago, Tony Daniel said:

So are you are using the brace that needs 2 extra holes drilling in the triangular bracing plate? 

1 x 982-505-475 (transverse strut)
2 x 981-333-777-00 (bearing clamp)
4 x 900-378-159-01 ( hex-head bolt 8x60)

Looking forward to your vid👍

And something else I found but you'll see.

On 9/21/2022 at 1:41 PM, JonSta said:

It’s disappeared off eBay but I think this is the same one that has appeared on Facebook in the 981 GT4/Cayman/Boxster Owners UK Group 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ringmaster999 said:

It’s disappeared off eBay but I think this is the same one that has appeared on Facebook in the 981 GT4/Cayman/Boxster Owners UK Group 🤔

I groaned at the fact that there was another Faceache group I would have to join now, but surprise surprise there was another DSC controller on there for sale so I've bought it, not £450 unfortunately but still happy  

13 hours ago, Tony Daniel said:

Can you go into the software setting on your controller and select different (Porsche) vehicles? The V3 controller fits the 991 and 981 but you specify your model in the ordering process, can you alter it if you move to a GT4 for instance?

On the DSC website there are loads of different settings that people have made. You can download the files and flash them onto your controller. Or you can have a go at programming it yourself. Doesn't look too difficult. As I never seem to get lucky on a used one I shall probably end up buying new. The guy Ken at ninexcellence is said to be a bit of a guru with these and he will supply you one programmed to your liking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raffe said:

How far away are you from uploading the video as I’m collecting parts for a suspension upgrade. Going to do X73 ARB’s front and rear.

Tomorrow or Tuesday Raffe. I've already done an arb video but this is the follow up.

3 hours ago, Raffe said:

How far away are you from uploading the video as I’m collecting parts for a suspension upgrade. Going to do X73 ARB’s front and rear.

I had the x73 retro fitted at my local OPC back last year. Transforms the car which is now much more planted and sharp in its cornering 😎👍 Big improvement. I’m running 19inch wheels which I believe provides a nice compromise on ride quality. In that it’s not so stiff as to ruin the normal day to day commute duties if your that way inclined 👍

• Like 1

12 hours ago, daz05 said:

Up in 15 minutes 👍

Watched, added to the parts list for suspension upgrades - great video thank you. Dropped you a like, already subscribed 😂

I’m going to add lowering springs to the pasm shocks too. I have a set of H&R which are popular but am going to enquire about the X73 springs to run on the pasm shocks. On one of the US sites someone has done this with great feedback and a lot of data to back up the positive outcome of this combo, plus I think the car sits too high too.

If I could delete the pasm and run an Ohlins Road & Track coilover I would as even in sport+ it’s not stiff enough for my driving tastes. Also looking at dropping to a 19” lightweight wheel Apex/BBS/Advan but they are further down the line.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Raffe said:

Watched, added to the parts list for suspension upgrades - great video thank you. Dropped you a like, already subscribed 😂

I’m going to add lowering springs to the pasm shocks too. I have a set of H&R which are popular but am going to enquire about the X73 springs to run on the pasm shocks. On one of the US sites someone has done this with great feedback and a lot of data to back up the positive outcome of this combo, plus I think the car sits too high too.

If I could delete the pasm and run an Ohlins Road & Track coilover I would as even in sport+ it’s not stiff enough for my driving tastes. Also looking at dropping to a 19” lightweight wheel Apex/BBS/Advan but they are further down the line.

Thanks awesome, that is on my wants list too would sit so much better on x73 springs and do you know we can code the dampers to accept shorter springs too, there is actually a setting for it!

718 pasm -20 dampers would be an even better upgrade as they are improved.

Do you have a link to the data.you mention?

5 hours ago, daz05 said:

Thanks awesome, that is on my wants list too would sit so much better on x73 springs and do you know we can code the dampers to accept shorter springs too, there is actually a setting for it!

718 pasm -20 dampers would be an even better upgrade as they are improved.

Do you have a link to the data.you mention?

The setting on the dampers for the shorter springs is very interesting - do you have any more info on that? Agreed on the 718 SPASM shocks being a good retrofit too - hadn’t even considered that option.