Rear ARB part numbers

Obela

Replaced the drop links and bushings for the ARB yesterday only to find that the ARB is rusted without any hope of repair!

I’m trying to see if I can find a used one in good condition but I’m a bit confused about the part numbers. On mine it says 987.333.701.02 but browsing the web I can only find 987.333.701.04 or 05. 

Does anyone know if these are the same? My car is 05 plate 987.1 S with PASM. 
I know there are different bushings for the cars with PASM 19.8mm vs 19.2mm on the normal suspension, so does that mean the ARB is different too?

For a PASM car (475 build code), 987 333 701 02 up issues to 987 333 701 05.

For those that need to know, standard (029) suspension is 987 333 701 01 up issued to 987 333 701 04.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Obela said:

Here is a link to the photos. Couldn’t upload directly to the forum

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jgzthttgorqmx7x/AADxRZ2_ex0DrzP2caAt2Wcja?dl=0

Much what mine looks like.  Bear in mind it is a bar so really only surface rust if you have access to a sand or other media blaster it might come up OK, then repaint.

1 hour ago, Obela said:

That was the initial plan! But the picture of the middle part of the ARB is actually after a good few minutes of wire brushing with a drill. Rust seems much deeper than just surface. 

Brushing won't touch it as iron oxide is quite hard, media blasting will.

56 minutes ago, Obela said:

Thanks for the advice, I didn’t think that was the case. Will know for next time. I’ve ordered a new one already so I guess I can sell my old one if anyone is interested! :)

In the case of a 987 where the part is rather less than the 986 part, replacement is the low hassle solution.