Dash tweeter upgrade (981 & 991)

Tony Daniel

10 hours ago, ATM said:

So my car has Bose.  Can I still upgrade all these goodies in mine - door speakers etc - what about the amp/s?

You could get an adapter to upgrade the Bose amp but I think the speakers are the weakest link.

• 10 months later...
2 hours ago, moonshine said:

Am i correct in thinking the 

Dayton Audio ND20FB-4 tweeter upgrade will work with the Bose system?

I would say they will work

• Like 1

There is no way the capacitor connector that is stuck to the back of the bose tweeter is coming off.

Any suggestions for sourcing a connector  so I don't have to risk breaking the original tweeter and connector?

2 hours ago, moonshine said:

There is no way the capacitor connector that is stuck to the back of the bose tweeter is coming off.

Any suggestions for sourcing a connector  so I don't have to risk breaking the original tweeter and connector?

I used SCR for the door speaker connections, see if they do the tweeter

• Like 1

@moonshine https://www.scrdistribution.co.uk/porsche-tweeter--mid-connectors-15677-p.asp

It could be this wire but ring Peter and ask if its the correct connector, he's very helpful but also very persuasive so you will probably end up ordering the full kit😆

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

@moonshineAnother good question to ask Peter!  But yes you need a capacitor, Porsche us a 4.7uF and the guy in the original Rennlist thread tried varies but ended up with a 10uF cap. How much difference that makes I do not know and at my age I doubt I could hear the difference 👴

Edited by Tony Daniel
  • Like 1

I had an email exchange with Peter and he is including capacitors for me too.

He has a good selection of plug and play components for 981 hi-fi upgrades including Bose

https://www.scrdistribution.co.uk/porsche-981-2030-c.asp

For bose, He offers

1) the audiofrog or phoenix gold 6 speaker kit, followed by 
2) audiofrog dash centre, then finally 
3) audiofrog rear bose

I asked him what he recommended for a stepped plug and play upgrade plan for the bose system and Are these all OK with the standard bose amp using MOST25.

He replied to say For a Bose car that has a 1 ohm woofer I'd wait until his new 1 ohm woofers and from the factory.  he said he done some test installs with his samples and they were superb. They are 8" woofers made by Feelart (denmark) they are being made for him just for Porsche with Bose.