Headlamp washer pump leaking

Chris D

Hi all

The OS headlamp washer pump is leaking on my Boxster S.

It only leaks when used which isn't often. But when it is used, it tends to dump half of the content of the screenwash bottle on the floor. This was pretty worrying when it first happened as my screenwash is the same colour as the coolant.

Anyway, has anyone had to replace a headlamp washer pump? My indy suggests it's a replacement fix only. I'm more than capable of doing this. Bumper has been off before. Is this easy enough and what was the rough cost to replace. Am I best to get a replacement from OPC / Des911 (have TIPEC discount) or is there an aftermarket alternative?

Ta

Edited by Chris D

5 hours ago, Chris D said:

Hi all

The OS headlamp washer pump is leaking on my Boxster S.

It only leaks when used which isn't often. But when it is used, it tends to dump half of the content of the screenwash bottle on the floor. This was pretty worrying when it first happened as my screenwash is the same colour as the coolant.

Anyway, has anyone had to replace a headlamp washer pump? My indy suggests it's a replacement fix only. I'm more than capable of doing this. Bumper has been off before. Is this easy enough and what was the rough cost to replace. Am I best to get a replacement from OPC / Des911 (have TIPEC discount) or is there an aftermarket alternative?

Ta

Opc will be cheaper than d911.  Even before any discount.  

I would confirm where it’s leaking from before firing the parts gun at it. May just be a split pipe.  

I recently replaced the windscreen washer pump on my 987. Spent £11 on a Meyle after-market pump rather than the £90 Porsche wanted. Simple enough job.

In the video above, you'll note that the container is empty. If yours isn't, then be prepared for it spilling over you & your floor

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, timbobalobox said:

I've got a full spare set from my daft project I've been working on if you want it?  You can have it FOC - message me direct if it's of interest 👍

Yes please! Will do. Thank you.

Just to clarify. This is the headlamp washer pump. Inside the bumper x 2. Not the screen wash pump.