Front & side lips/splitter

ljcarr

37 minutes ago, ljcarr said:

Excellent thanks, I’ll take a look 

Not sure what your car is running regards suspension but mine has x73 which lowers the car by 20mm over standard. I had the 911 front splitter with the Emc2 fitting kit but ground clearance becomes a bit of an issue. I managed to rip it off entertaining an underground car park of a hotel in Belgium. So unfortunately took it off. It looked ok though when fitted.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

Hi there 

I’ve tried two different front splitters and two rear diffusers.

If you find my thread in members rides there are some decent pictures 👍

Just a looked at your thread, very nice buddy. Those are a few of the things I want to do to my car. It’s nice to see them on your car, so now know what they will look like on mine as it’s white like yours 👍🏻 here’s a few pics of mine, only had it a couple of months. Sorry for some reason it’s not letting me add pictures either by adding photos from my album or using url link !

I was out in mine today running my mom around on Mother’s Day and I have to say the standard bumper with my latest splitter on it looks awesome. I think is gives the front a bit more aggression with out trying to hard and matches the factory styling.

52432623963_23ecb03203_b.jpg

I do like the GTS front bumper and think it looks great but it is an expensive option. 
I think the Spyder rear spoiler and the Spyder rear diffuser make a huge difference and definitely worth looking into.

I’m still on the fence about the GT4 side scoops, one day I really like them and other days I’m not sure 🤔 I will see what they look like on a sunny day with the roof down and see what I think. Today I liked them 😂

Edited by Lonewolfgjp
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I was out in mine today running my mom around on Mother’s Day and I have to say the standard bumper with my latest splitter on it looks awesome. I think is gives the front a bit more aggression with out trying to hard and matches the factory styling.

I do like the GTS front bumper and think it looks great but it is an expensive option. 
I think the Spyder rear spoiler and the Spyder rest diffuser make a huge difference and definitely worth looking into.

I’m still on the fence about the GT4 side scoops, one day I really like them and other days I’m not sure 🤔 I will see what they look like on a sunny day with the roof down and see what I think. Today I liked them 😂

Looks cracking 👍

11 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I think the Spyder rear spoiler and the Spyder rear diffuser make a huge difference and definitely worth looking into.

Looking good 👍🏻 

If I were to begin my 981 journey again with everything I know now, I think the priority would be the ride height, the car with whichever, bumper, splitter, diffuser, lights just looks so much better with the x73 setting at -20mm. I'm sure I would have ended up doing it all anyway but that's got to be the biggest bang for your buck at the expense of some of the low speed ride quality of course.

I'm hoping to get my front light inners from the old lights I've been refurbing from the painter today, looking forward to seeing how they will look rebuilt and on the car.

5 hours ago, daz05 said:

If I were to begin my 981 journey again with everything I know now, I think the priority would be the ride height, the car with whichever, bumper, splitter, diffuser, lights just looks so much better with the x73 setting at -20mm. I'm sure I would have ended up doing it all anyway but that's got to be the biggest bang for your buck at the expense of some of the low speed ride quality of course.

I'm hoping to get my front light inners from the old lights I've been refurbing from the painter today, looking forward to seeing how they will look rebuilt and on the car.

Totally agree, the lowered stance gives the car a much sportier look and seems to enhance the lines too.

19 hours ago, Lonewolfgjp said:

I’m completely the same with the side scoops, I’m 75% convinced but as something I’ve made entirely reversible it’s no issue.

51 minutes ago, Raffe said:

Totally agree, the lowered stance gives the car a much sportier look and seems to enhance the lines too.

6 hours ago, daz05 said:

Not long after buying mine I had PSE and the x73 retro fitted. PSE worth it for smiles per mile and the x73 just really transformed the car. Big money but no regrets.

Front 911 splitter with Emc2 fitting kit in picture lost when entering an underground car park 😳😂 It was a steep downward ramp into the car park mind 😂😳

2-C71358-B-9-DDF-4712-BF97-DEE9-CA8-AFFE

Edited by Ringmaster999
Additional info

On 3/18/2023 at 12:09 PM, Ringmaster999 said:

Not sure what your car is running regards suspension but mine has x73 which lowers the car by 20mm over standard. I had the 911 front splitter with the Emc2 fitting kit but ground clearance becomes a bit of an issue. I managed to rip it off entertaining an underground car park of a hotel in Belgium. So unfortunately took it off. It looked ok though when fitted.

Had the same kit, great look but pulled it off as well so left it off 

• Like 1

Thank you so much everybody for your contribution to this thread, just as I thought many mixed views and different opinions. I presume without really hearing any of these and experience them, it’s hard to make a decision based on other peoples personal views.